Cola at the District Convention

by lepermessiah 38 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Ages ago at Twickenham (or 'Twickers' to the initiated) my super spiritual mum and dad decided it would be a good idea if we volunteered for food preparation

Me too South African Beef...same place (Twickers)...and I knew nothing of food preparation (I was a young teen), Health and Safety would have had a field day!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I dont remember the Twickenham Cola, but remember the Bacon Baps and the foul smelling stench of the stewed coffee, could never drink that shit

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

shasta sucked, sara lee was good, frozen orange juice was still frozen 10 minutes after you got it.

i remember working in newark, nj (as a volunteer) where they were distributing the food for all the assemblies.... i noticed the coffee and a couple of items were diffrent for the spanish assemblies.

anyway I bet Jesus was rolling in his throne. i think someone mentioned it, but did he not throw the merchants out of the temple? the gibbering body was selling da stuff?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember that Vess "billion bubble" lemon-lime soda well. It was not my favorite (but I didn't think that it was that nasty, either).

Then, once we started bringing our own, I would get a 1 liter of orange pop made with 12% real orange juice. Typically, that was much better (both taste wise, and because it was made partially from real juice so it had at least some vitamins and minerals) than any of the high fructose corn syrup drinks served at the Grand Boasting Sessions.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

The Dorking Circiut Assembly Hall was good and funny in a strange way, because the West Indian Caribbean brethren hated the Ass'embly food and the KFC was a mere 200 yards away from the hall, also included at the hall was a donut and Ice Cream kiosk, the surrounding area was nice .

• Gayle
    Gayle

It is so sad that for children and some adults that the highlight and memory of the convention event was some food item or drink! Certainly that part gave 'real food' and the empty (spiritual?) junk food so was draining.

Truly, that was the best that it could get for them. No wonder most youth leave JWs.

• cheerios
    cheerios

anyone else remember those HORRIBLE egg mcmuffin wannabes? i think they called them: muff-n-eggs (which we thought was hysterical because muff isn't exactly the kind of word you would expect a bunch of prude witlesses to be using ... )

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

very true Gayle, ask me about any highlight from the convention itself, I'm blank, but ask me about the food/seating/ using my old man's bino's/checking out sisters/going to the pub after/the traffic/the heat/the rain/ what we wore/ the stadium and I can go into minute detail even after nearly 20 odd years after leaving, spiritual food? my ass it is

• Prov1320
    Prov1320

Speaking of fond memories, remember seeing people run for the line-up at lunch time? Some zealous witlesses would leave before the song would end, just to be the first in line. And it was no wonder: if you were at the back of the line you would get half-ass sandwiches... a sub with no meat, just lettuce, a roast beef with only the sauce... And remember seeing the first ones coming through the line and how they would order double the food to have some left over for after the session?

Ahhh... the memories! lol

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

actually the ones in the assembly halls (not stadiums) had a sunday machine.

i distinctly remember one in pennsylvania, and the one in queens where you could get soft serve sundays with pineapple or strawberry topping

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit