25% of the World is Muslim?

by leavingwt 68 Replies latest social current

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

If there's one thing surprising about these figures it's the fact that Asia counts more muslims than the Middle East.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

What percentage of those Muslims ignore the laws in the Koran? (Most Christians ignore the Old Testament laws.)

I prefer religious folks who are not literalists, in regards to their holy books. This works out better for apostates, infidels, women and homosexuals, right?

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    What's wrong with Muslims? They are no worse than Christians. That extremist picture above is no different than those idiot christians that oppose abortion and protest like a bunch of morons.

I fail to see how someone who is concerned about the sanctity of human life (whether it's an anti-abortion protester or an anti-war protester) could be considered an idiot. And unlike the woman in that picture, Christian women have the freedom to choose what to wear and what to protest.

Islam is becoming a problem in Canada because extreme Muslims are trying to pressure the government to allow Sharia law. Sharia law is already allowed in banking. Now they want to apply it to divorce and custody issues. Under sharia law, a woman who cheats on her husband can be stoned to death and a girl as young as nine can me given in marriage.

There was an "honour killing" in the GTA a couple years ago because a 16 yr old girl refused to wear a hijab. There was also a recent case in Kingston where 3 people were arrested under suspicion of "honour killing" in the tragic death of 4 teen girls. I have friends from Islamic countries. They tell me that it is not considered unusual for a father to beat his daughter and threaten to kill her. It's just accepted as a way of life.

• leavingwt
  • shamus100
    shamus100

What percentage of those Muslims ignore the laws in the Koran?

Why would you think it's different? Are you profiling based on religion?

Jesus, you people from the states are 911 freaks - some of you.

Take away Muslim and insert the word black.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Are you profiling based on religion?

What do you mean by profiling?

IF a religion promotes violence against innocents, then I am vehemently opposed to it, no matter what brand it is.

I could care less what a person believes. It's what they DO that I'm concerned about.

Watch Pat's video above for details. He addresses your racism charge.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Sam Harris. . .

There is an uncanny irony here that many have noticed. The position of the Muslim community in the face of all provocations seems to be: Islam is a religion of peace, and if you say that it isn't, we will kill you. Of course, the truth is often more nuanced, but this is about as nuanced as it ever gets: Islam is a religion of peace, and if you say that it isn't, we peaceful Muslims cannot be held responsible for what our less peaceful brothers and sisters do. When they burn your embassies or kidnap and slaughter your journalists, know that we will hold you primarily responsible and will spend the bulk of our energies criticizing you for "racism" and "Islamophobia."

Our capitulations in the face of these threats have had what is often called "a chilling effect" on our exercise of free speech. I have, in my own small way, experienced this chill first hand. First, and most important, my friend and colleague Ayaan Hirsi Ali happens to be among the hunted. Because of the failure of Western governments to make it safe for people to speak openly about the problem of Islam, I and others must raise a mountain of private funds to help pay for her round-the-clock protection. The problem is not, as is often alleged, that governments cannot afford to protect every person who speaks out against Muslim intolerance. The problem is that so few people do speak out. If there were ten thousand Ayaan Hirsi Ali's, the risk to each would be radically reduced.

• Spook
    Spook

Profiling is one of the most important things a person can do to gain insight about causes and effects which actually transpire in the real world.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Under sharia law, a woman who cheats on her husband can be stoned to death and a girl as young as nine can me given in marriage.

Correction: Under SOME INTERPRETATIONS of Sharia law,.....

They tell me that it is not considered unusual for a father to beat his daughter and threaten to kill her. It's just accepted as a way of life

Correction: In SOME AREAS, it is not considered unusual for a father...

Since Sharia is based upon Quranic interpretations, there is no singular Sharia law.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Since the subject of hijab (headcovering) has been presented...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZQUAcA49J8&feature=related

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit