Contribution of Franz books on your decision to leave?

by Damocles 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

I just spoke to Ray ...I told him that at the PA Convention so many who gave their testimony

mentioned it was his books that helped them escape.

I was out a while before I read it. but it helped clear my mind

He is a very humble man.....They need our prayers Cynthia & Ray
    Old age "aint" so hot you know LOL

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I saw a guy on utube once and thought it was franz, id never seen ray before but no it wasnt,this guy on utube was real large in size (to be polite)....when i saw ray on a utube he wasnt actually nasty atall, i kinda liked him, got respect for him as he wasnt nasty or agressive, guess thats what made him draw people to listen to him. nice guy.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AE, he is open to email. Would you like me to PM you his email address- you can ask him anything you like.

• watson
    watson

I notice that many had left before "the books" were read. Just wondering if some of those were enfluenced by information/individuals on the net, that was/were, in turn, influenced by "the books."

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

ok IA, make sure he doesnt mind me having it? Would it be his email or maybe your just joking?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

no email as of yet ?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was already out for several months before I read any of his books or any other "apostate" books. At that, I didn't read them cover to cover, just the chapters that interested me.

The most critical element in helping me see it was all lies was a closer, more intensive study of the watchtowers own publications. \

W

• JWoods
    JWoods

I had already left about a year or so before COC was first published. However, as I knew Ed and Marion Dunlap, I was pretty much aware of the Franz situation and what was going on back then in Bethel.

I still consider the COC to be the definitive book on what was really going on inside the WT society back in those critical days.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I also just read COC after being out for 13+ years. It helped cement my decisions and provided some validation of my thoughts and feelings (I posted a bit on this here awhile back and included more as to my exodus). So it didn't contribute to my decision to leave, just helped me feel more solid in that decision.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

I had been out for more than a decade before I had the time to read his first book. It reinforced some of what I knew and opened my eyes to other incidents I had seen from the inside but didn't have the whole story.

Thanks Ray!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit