More Beatles Remasters..........

by lepermessiah 42 Replies latest social entertainment

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Sorry, I cant resist another Beatles topic.

I have picked up all but three of the Beatles remasters.

They sound totally brilliant......

I heard a few complaints about the White Album (too "muddy" in places) but overall I was very excited about the sound.That album has such an interesting dynamic that I could see how some people would feel that way. That album is a brilliant muddled mess of styles - only the Beatles could pull it off.

Abbey Road is still the album I am getting a big kick out of - Here Comes the Sun you can hear the pick hitting the strings on the guitar, Mean Mr Mustard, the intro sounds like you are sitting in the room with Ringo, etc...........I keep playing with the balance knob on my stereo to hear the different channels and really hear the details......great fun

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Glad your enjoying The Beatles , they certainly were the prominent music innovators of the 60's and 70's.

If you can The Beatles Anthology DVD box set is certainly worth getting, its a well done biography of the groups beginnings right to their break up.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

envy envy

• Satanus
    Satanus

Piratebay, piratebay. Torrent, torrent....

S

• glenster
  • watson
    watson

LeperM,

If you are enjoying the "little things" on the re masters, I strongly suggest that you get the soundtrack to "LOVE." This is the permanent show in Las Vegas by the Cirque people. George Martin and his son had fun bringing out the special aspects of the music that most don't really hear or appreciate. It gets a little crazy sometimes, but it makes sense to a real connoisseur of the Beatles body of work.

Watson

PS I am enjoying my "re-masters" too!

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Here's a link describing the box set I mentioned earlier

http://www.amazon.ca/Beatles-Anthology/dp/B00008GKEG

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I was listening to my existing Abbey Road CD this morning, on the drive to work.

I really need to get the newly remastered one.

• undercover
    undercover

I guess I'm gonna have to break down and get the re-mastered copies...

How did Dear Prudence from the White Album sound re-mastered?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Are you guys listening to the mono or the stereo mixes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit