Another Newbie

by readyornot 25 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

At age 14, my brother was molested by a stranger on his paper route. It was covered up and he received no counseling, but they did form a JC to investigate his ‘involvement’.

Such typical horrific actions- mistrust the member, figure a teen boy wanted it. Elders are not at all experts in these matters, yet they act as if they are.

I moved out early to get away from it all and worked 2 jobs to put myself through school.

Jump forward 10 years, I have 2 successful businesses, 2 beautiful kids and a lovely home.

Rough story, but such an awesome person you are. Good going. I hope you continue reading, seeking help, finding answers.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

In spite of your turbulent JW upbringing, that is an excellent post. Spelling, grammar, content... are you an English teacher?

I look forward to hearing more.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the board you have come along way.

Keep up the recovery you seem to experience in the last 4 months.

God bless ,,,Good to have you here

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Welcome to the board Readyornot

• readyornot
    readyornot

Thank you for all the responses. I know, I am venting a bit... but am really looking to find forgiveness. The more I read, the more I learn that where fallible men are involved, and mind reform... sh** happens. I've always tried to approach people without prejudice and with an open mind, I'll have to do the same here... eventually.

And yes BTEB, I was an english teacher at one time. Not a very good one mind you. I did more chatting then grammar teaching.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Your story is very interesting.

Please continue posting, and WELCOME!!

(Just curious, or did I accidently miss it, but...what are you looking for forgiveness for??)

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN. Someone will always be here to stitch you back up when you're coming apart at the seams!

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Welcome, congratulations on your new mental freedom. I have found that the tentacles run deep so just when you think you finally have worked it all out something will come up that triggers it again. The good news is, each time you work through more of it, the next time gets a bit easier.

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Ada

• wobble
    wobble

WELCOME and hugs,

looking forward to hearing more of your progress ,as you journey away from the Cult, cherish and use your freedom,may you find happiness and fulfilment ,

Love,

Big Fat Uncle Wobble

• nelly136
    nelly136

sounds like you've had quite a journey, welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit