What THEY think

by sweet pea 19 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

This week's experience:

Ex close friend (JW) friends me on facebook by mistake. Realises and defriends me very quickly. I send email asking what's going on and accuse her of being mean.

Her reply:

Sorry Sam, I clicked on your name by mistake.
    Nothing changed.
    And dont tell me it is mean, you and Paul have broken our hearts!
    I cry every time your name comes up and xxxx...well, he has lost the only true friend he has ever had, he is devastated.
    YOU are the ones who made that decision, not us.

Is there ANY point in replying? Will ANYTHING make her think?

It's so incredibly sad that people we love, that love us still, are trapped in this mentality. It makes me so angry at the injustice and frustrated that nothing I say will change things.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I think there are a couple of points you can make, firstly we dont do "conditional" relationships, if you are ever in any time of need then you know our door is open, on the contrary you would not even answer your door if I called. Finally you have the AUDACITY to call yourself a Christian!? you would not even know the meaning of the word!

• nelly136
    nelly136

i didnt realise you could just add friends willy nilly on facebook, i thought there was a confirmation process and a confirmation box.

of course i could be wrong and it may just be my settings, but if i'm not then i'd put her friending and defriending down to a moment of pique designed to take a pop.

but then i'm getting cynical with my old age.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

tell her to FOAD

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

YOU are the ones who made that decision, not us.

The only thing you did was exercise your constitutional right to freedom of religion. They, with a little pressure from the watchtower, are the ones who chose to shun you for it.

They should accept responsibility for their choice to shun you rather than blame you for exercising your rights.

W

• shamus100
    shamus100

Those people aren't worth the steam of your piss. Be glad they don't want to be your friend.

And what FF said too.

• yknot
    yknot

Could send her the following....

We don't see it that way.....

We love yall, we miss yall

We disagree on theology, but we don't hold your religious choices as reason to shun and dismiss yall.

When your ready (beyond the subconscious need to click on my name), the door is open without judgement or anger for love wins out over all.

Love Besty and Sweet Pea......

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Your friends email you on fb by mistake? Cant understand why they would then say such a thing?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Emotional BlackMail:

..Boo-Hoo!!

You no longer provide Free Labour,to a multi-billion dollar publishing company(WBT$)..

Which means you don`t love God!..

Crazy 1

We can`t be your Friend`s anymore..

The WBT$ say`s So!

It`s all your Fault!..

These people are not worth a response..

Ignore them..

..........................OUTLAW

• journey-on
    journey-on
    It's so incredibly sad that people we love, that love us still, are trapped in this mentality. It makes me so angry at the injustice and frustrated that nothing I say will change things.
    There's your reply right there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit