HOW MANY OF THE GOVENING BODY ARE NOT ANOINTEDÂ…??

by Mr. Majestic 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donuthole
    donuthole

With the Governing Body aging and the pool of "anointed" growing more and more shallow, Fred Franz developed the concept of "Given Ones" or "Nethinim Class". The idea was for high-ranking members of the "other sheep" to assist the "anointed" governing body. (This was when Governing Body still oversaw the business end of the society and held office in the corporations.) It was sold that such ones would take more and more responsibility helping to oversee the work as the "anointed" class diminished on earth.

With the recent ending of the 1935 cut-off for the "heavenly calling" and a current bumper crop of younger "anointed" ones in high positions within the Organization the danger of not having enough "anointed" ones for oversight has been temporarily averted. It has been awhile since the literature has spoken about the Nethinim Class though I believe the Governing Body still have high-ranking assistants.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    though I believe the Governing Body still have high-ranking assistants.

I would suggest many in Legal are like this, even if they no longer call themselves the nethinem. And ironically, may be really the ones calling the shots - both doctrine (fear of lawsuit) and business (fear of tax, liability, etc.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit