HOW MANY OF THE GOVENING BODY ARE NOT ANOINTED…??

by Mr. Majestic 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Well I thought that they all had to be anointed as well, but I read somewhere on another board that there were a few members of the GB that were not anointed.

It is true that some of them -- at one time -- did not "profess" to be of the anointed, PRIOR to joining the GB.

However, before they can join the GB, they must start "partaking" and profess to be of the anointed.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Actually though, the correct answer is that none of the GB are annointed.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Majestic, I'd heard too somewhere that they didn't have to be annointed either. Was that an old thought? Or have the GB always been annointed only?

• blondie
    blondie

But they are all anointed per the WTS definition at the time they are made members of the GB which I think was the question.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

correct blondie :)

• sacolton
    sacolton

So, only the GB gets special insight? All other anointed receive no communication from God's active force thus can not receive "new light"? Isn't that kinda biased?

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Many thanks Blondie. I wasn’t sure if there had been some newly shed (ever dimming twi)light on the matter being that the changes seem to be thick and fast at the moment, what with the changes to 1935 and all…..

But I do remember reading an article years ago that there was a hint of the GB setting up a school for the members of the ‘other sheep’ to learn the running of the organisation, just in case it was gods will for the anointed to all have vacated the earth in the not so distant future and the ‘other sheep’ members would have had to have taken up the reins.

LeavingWT:

I think that might have been it. Many thanks for that dude.....

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Saco, are you questioning "jahs org"?????

• blondie
    blondie

Mr Majestik, the only way the "other sheep" will take over is when in the WTS opinion all anointed males are dead and gone. The WTS also says that it is likely that some of the anointed will still be on earth after Armageddon. Strange thought since they also teach that the wedding of the bride of Christ and Jesus takes place shortly after the great tribulation begins and Armageddon is the end of that. Sounds like some of the brides are going to miss the wedding.

• JWoods
    JWoods

*** w07 4/1 p. 24 par. 11 Loyal to Christ and His Faithful Slave ***As in early Christian times, a small group of spirit-anointed overseers make up the

Governing Body of Christ’s followers on earth today.

Is it possible there could be something of a hidden message there? What I mean is - could there be a trend towards saying that there have always been a very few "annointed" (even in early times) and a larger great crowd?

This would remove any questions about the total number of 144,000 and further emphasize the "specialness" of the "few small group".

Of course, it involves tossing over the side the general rank and file from 1900 to 1935 who thought that every man woman and child was annointed - and, of course, the historical problem that this idea (one heavenly and one earthly class) never existed back in the ancient days. But such detail has failed to stop them before -

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit