COURT: Clergy Abuse Files Must be Released

by AdaMakawee 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33178609/ns/us_news-faith/

This was interesting and may just possibly affect mother Watchtower.

Ada

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wow... I wonder if they WTS will be ordered to release their pedophile database.

• cantleave
    cantleave

They will deny one exists

• cognac
    cognac

Cantleave - I don't think they can deny one exists because I believe it's already known in a Court of CA that there is one. I believe they almost had to release it before in 2007 but then something happened where they didn't have to release it. This is just from memory so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> I believe they almost had to release it before in 2007 but then something happened where they didn't have to release it.

What happened is the WTS settled out of court.

• metaspy
    metaspy

Didn't "sister anderson" see their files on pedophiles?

Shouldn't that be enough to prove they exist?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well it certainly sets a precident and it will be argued for years, likely landing at the supreme court level

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

omg the news re government action on here gets better and better.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's such a shame nothing has every gone right through the legal system, it would really open the eyes of the R&F. On second thoughts it would just be seen as media and governmental "persecution".

• dissed
    dissed

If those files were opened with 24,000 congregations reporting abuse, it would make it appear, the entiere org is full of 'molesters' to the public.

What the WTS is really praying for is the statuate of limitations to run out in most of these states that have one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit