COURT: Clergy Abuse Files Must be Released

by AdaMakawee 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• yknot
    yknot

Progress in protecting children from predators who infiltrate religions!

• Farkel
    Farkel

cantleave,

:It's such a shame nothing has every gone right through the legal system, it would really open the eyes of the R&F.

The Supreme Court is VERY reluctant to get involve with religious issues, considering the First Amendment. The Watchtower has relied on this for decades to their advantage.

The law has to get them on extra-religious issues, and that bridge has already been crossed with the California case demolishing the WT claim to clergy/penitant confidentiality "rights." That case alone has left them very vulnerable for future actions.

Peel off the onion layers of the WT evil one-by-one and the evil will emerge and they will be revealed for what they really are.

Farkel

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

I can see the WTS loopholing it by saying that we aren't really ordained ministers (I recall someone pointing out that only Russell and Rutherford were), and therefore, are not clergy.

Nobody would dare try to make all churches turn over member lists....at least I don't think that would be something anyone would want to scrap with.

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

BadBettie, yes they do make that claim, but in this case it worked to their disadvantage. Thats why there is no clergy/penitant confidentiality rights. you can't have it both ways. Either you are or you aren't. I think the cat's out of the bag on their database, too many know of it's existance.

Ada

• Gerard
    Gerard

This needs to be a federal law; so far only California and Conneticut can see through the WT tricks.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Time isn't on their side anymore. This generation will live to see the truth about the truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit