New here

by goldensky 45 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Goldensky, have you read any outside literature, such as Crisis of Conscience? It is available in Spanish, for immediate download.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I couldn't believe that was happening to me. I prayed to Jehovah incessantly to remove my doubts and I maintained all aspects of my spiritual routine, but all to no avail: my doubts only grew to an uncomfortable intensity.

Sounds remarkably like my own awakening. Welcome to the forum, goldensky!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Goldensky: Welcome! You sound like a golden person and your English is simply lovely. Please tell us more about yourself, if and when you're comfortable doing so. What was it that led to your epiphany exactly? You are obviously well educated/well read, as well as emotionally and psychologically centered to come through such a life-changing experience intact. All of us are in different stages, some of us more fragmented than others b/c of the toll that leaving the WT takes on a person, depending on circumstances. At any rate, you are most welcome here and I look forward to reading your posts.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Hello Goldensky! I'm so happy you post... I enjoyed each and every word and agree with it all! Looking forward to see more of your posts.

Wow and your from Spain how awesome! One think I enjoy on this JWN is there is a verity of individuals!

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

goldensky

Welcome to the board. I read your first post with strange emotions...and, serious doubts about you as the poster!

Please forgive me for stating the obvious , and also, please don't assume that I'm being rude, but your written English is far better than most university educated UK citizens - I'm totally amazed at your superb language skills! If your second language is this good, your Spanish must be absolutely immaculately written! Can we expect another Don Quixote, Cervantes?

Why, you might ask, such a cagey introduction? Simply because I can't quite get my head around your first post.

As a trusting type, I usually believe people on first acquaintance, unless I have reason to doubt their sincerity. I'd love to believe that you are 100% genuine, but can't quite accept that...

Maybe you could elaborate on your sudden rude awakening to the nasty JW cult that was your main purpose in life for so long?

lifelong humanist

• goldensky
    goldensky

THANK YOU ALL VERY, VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ENCOURAGING WELCOME!!! You are so sweet I can't get over it!

Lifelong Humanist, I've just read your post and I was so flattered at your description of my English! Never has anybody extolled my mastery of your language to such a degree. But I had to smile in disbelief at your doubts about my identity. I've just thought that this impromptu (impromptus?) paragraph may suffice to convince you:

En serio, soy quien digo ser. He vivido toda mi vida en España excepto por varias estancias de meses en algunos países. Todo lo que os he contado es cierto hasta el último detalle...

Ha, ha! To complete my verification, I'll next write out all the tenses of indicative and subjunctive of all verbs of the first, second and third conjugations in Spanish, shall I? Of course not! It's boring to tears.

Honestly, you have raised my self-esteem way too much, but watch out, you are bound to come across many mistakes that will give me away.

I'm looking forward to answering your questions maybe tomorrow. Till then, lots of love to all of you. ONCE MORE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> I still love Jehovah very, very much, although I'm not even sure whether he exists or not

I left the JW religion because I also did not believe. A great book that really spoke to me was:
    Losing Faith in Faith: From Preacher to Atheist by Dan Barker

The book is about a minister who realized that he did not believe. When I read the book I ended up underlining all through it because he was saying things that I was thinking.

Another book by the same author, which I have not read is:
    Godless: How an Evangelical Preacher Became One of America's Leading Atheists by Dan Barker

• JWoods
    JWoods

I for one am fascinated by what must have gone on under the surface of this story.

Usually there is some key trigger event that begins the process, and this is not clear yet - could it be just a slow decline in belief in the God concept itself?

If so, this would probably be completely unique from my experience with JWs who left for whatever reasons.

Maybe we will hear more from this poster in days to come?

Thanks, James

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

goldensky....Thank you for joining us and sharing your experiences. For many of us born-ins and raised-ins (me!), a lot of what you wrote sounds awfully familiar. It is difficult to change your worldview when it's everything you've known....but those doubts do often crop up as life experience increases. And eventually, as you learn more and more and come to certain conclusions about things, it is indeed very hard to remain active and not feel like a hypocrite. Feel free to talk about whatever subject or issue you're interested in here. :)

Your English is very nice indeed....I noticed you said you've been to the US; was it a brief tourist trip or did you live here for a while?

• besty
    besty

what does it matter whether she is for real or not - until we have a more formal system of trust and authentication (think ebay) on JWN we have to take people at face value.

this is the internet.

welcome to JWN by the way goldensky....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit