New here

by goldensky 45 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hello Goldensky,What a lovely 1st post. So well written.Sounds as if the Holy Spirit
    had HIS eye on you for some time ,he taught you truth,
    I do hope the peace that comes
    from having the LORD find you,even though you were hiding in the Kingdom Hall contiues.
    Jesus examines hearts in my opinion & yours sound like it is a healthy one,
    Just hope your Sister will not listen to the orders of the elders & shun you as my kids do.
    God bless you !!! Continue to guide ,lead, & direct you....Keep in touch

Granny Grace >Mouthy

• zoiks
    zoiks

Welcome, Goldensky. I look forward to more of your comments.

zoiks

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Dear Goldensky,

Welcome! Your positive attitude is wonderful! And Stephen is right, God did lead you as he did many of us, just not the way we expected. That's my opinion anyway! I prayed so hard and knew I wasn't leaving God, but he led me out. I too went through a time of doubt. When you lose God as you percieved him your whole life...of course you doubt. But when you get that new bible, talk to those in other religions and just let the Holy Spirit lead you, you find him in a whole new way. It seems as if He is changed...although he doesn't. He is the same now and forever, but our perception and understanding changes. That is something wonderful! I am still learning and still feel like I am only touching the edges of who God really is, but I have to be patient. He was patient with me. I have to be patient too.

Congratulations! Enjoy your freedom and take things on your own timetable. We are rewiring our thinking and "knee jerk" responses!

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Thanks for sharing your story goldensky. Welcome to the board.

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Hello goldensky, you sound like a lovely person, welcome to the board

As for the bad language...i sometimes swear in my posts and my mum reads them and tells me off!! hehe

BorgHater x

• wobble
    wobble

A big warm welcome to JWN Goldensky !

I too congratulate you on your lovely first post, and look forward to hearing much more from you.

I got to the position where I decided I could no longer attend, no longer be a part of what I considered to be a God dis-honouring organization that taught so many lies.

It came as a shock to me,that I had no choice but to leave. I was born-in in 1950, and left for good in the spring of 2008.

The journey out is not an easy one for most, I have chosen to "fade" as I have an 89 year old mother still in,and many of my family.The journey is an exciting one,free to believe whatever we want,to change those beliefs as we learn more,and to grow as individuals, freedom is a beautiful thing to be cherished.

Do not rush to form new beliefs, examine your feelings about them ,check them against scripture.I am sure that your prayers for guidance will be answered, maybe on JWN !

I wish you all the best, peace ,happiness and well being for you and yours in your new future.

Love,

Wobble

• dissed
    dissed

Hola Goldensky and welcome!

Thank you so much for sharing your well thought out comment.

If you have not done so already, please get accustomed to the 'Search' feature. Think of any topic and you will find a wealth of information.

Yes, I agree, sometimes the language does get a bit 'colorful' but they do mean well.

Looking forward to more of your experiences.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome, Goldensky! Your English is excellent as is your outlook on life.

You said: I still love Jehovah very, very much, although I'm not even sure whether he exists of not. Weird, isn't it?

I don't think it's weird at all. It is difficult to 'unlearn' what we have been taught, especially if you were taught this all your life. For me, I have come to realize that I don't believe... I hope. For me to believe, I need proof and that has not been presented. So now I go with 'hope'. I hope for a better tomorrow, a better future. I hope that I can improve and learn to be better, which includes being more understanding, kinder, and loving. It is a tough slog because my JW upbringing did not necessarily include this all the time. I find them to be in conflict with a lot of good things.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome, GoldenSky!

What a lovely and fascinating first post!

Your description of yourself fits me to a T.

I was also sad to leave those behind whom I loved, but I couldn't stomach it any longer.

Holy Spirit will guide you into all things that are good.

Happy to have you here!

Sylvia

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

welcome so nice to know you still have love for Jah, yes he exists and loves you :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit