beer

by John Doe 53 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

FMY

Just being silly. But for some reason, I guess people here the wrong gender. When will I ever learn??

• sir82
    sir82
    I've been trying to quit drinking since 1985.
    I'm not too good at quiting.

Me, I don't drink any more.

I don't drink any less, either.

I like the stuff from Wychwood brewery (England), Hobgoblin and especially Scarecrow.

• finding my way
    finding my way

Dissed,

Figured you were considering the 2 Bethelites please crack ;)

• undercover
    undercover

I like too many different beers to name them all.

What I like to do is when I'm traveling is always try the local brews. When in England and Scotland we always went to pubs and got whatever cask conditioned ales they had. yum yum.

Here in the States if I'm traveling, I'll ask the bartender what local brews are on tap and get one.

There are a couple of local breweries so I'll get growlers from them for home consumption as well.

But I'll drink crappy beer as well. Nothing like a watered down, low flavor pilsner or ale to quench your thirst on a hot summer day. It goes down like water, yet it's still beer.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Rarely drink, a beer or two a year, which might explain why I go for a draft Pilsner when I do.

A strongly flavored draft cider is preferable, though.

For the rest of the time, tea - green, black, English, Chinese, iced in hot weather, hot in cold weather. I mail order cartons of Twinings for everyday.

And ginger beer.

• manicmama
    manicmama

The Irish always shows in me when I drink! I love a good draught Guiness (hate it out of a can!) But my drink of choice is a good neat Jameson's! AHHHHHH! I have surprised quite a few guys at my ability to down, let alone a girl drink it neat! Oh my! (Thanks gramps and dad!)

Try some local craft brews, you would be surprised on how good some of these are! We are fortunate enough to have some really good award winning local stuff. My friends call me a beer snob, I can't stand Bud or Michelob, it's like drinking swill. Hey, if you're going to bother to drink, drink something good!

MM

• dissed
    dissed

By the way, my wife's nicname in school before we were married was.........chugger!

She likes her beer, no?

• tinker
    tinker

Beer is proof that gawd loves us

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

my fave is http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/beergeek_2065_12814023.

Also Amstel Light, Corona, and Dos Equis.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I can't possibly pick a favorite beer. I like so many of them. When I hit the store, I usually look for something I haven't tried before. I'm not a huge fan of porters and stouts, but I will drink most anything else.

I love many of the great microbrews crafted here in the Pacific Northwest, but I still drink mass-produced swill on occasion. Sometimes I crave a light, more watery beer. I'm no beer snob. :)

I tried those 64 calorie MGDs.... couldn't stand them. I'd much rather drink the 95 calorie Michelob Ultra if I'm trying not to drink too many calories (and am in the mood for a watery beer).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit