beer

by John Doe 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

Lately, I'm likin' the Sleeman Clear. Yum!

I won't turn down a Molson Canadian either. My Dad shared a Lakeport with me a couple of months ago and it was pretty good too... and for 'a buck a beer' you can't go wrong!

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Bud Lite!!!!

• wobble
    wobble

Boy you Guys the other side of the pond are lightweights, never ever drink anything less than 5% if it is beer. U.K is beer heaven.

MOST lagers taste like piss, and I DO know what piss tastes like (don't ask)

The best Beer in the World is "Old Speckled Hen" at 5.2% in the bottle, DO NOT drink from cans, Sacrilege !!!!

They ,the Morland Brewery , do a special version,I forget the name Old Special Hen ?? it is about 6.5% boy does that hit the spot !!

The best lager in the world was an original pilsener called Pilsener Urquell, they used to age it in huge oak barrels and when enough gunge and gunk had built up on the inside ,a guy would walk in and scrape it off with a shovel, hose down the inside and it would be ready for use again.

The damn Germans bought the brewery and sanitised it all, steel barrels all scientific and squeaky clean, that wonderful lager never tasted as good again. It is still worth drinking,less strength and much less taste, why were they allowed to do that ? Bacchus where were you when this evil was perpetrated ?

Try some of the micro brewery stuff you have stateside, you may discover you actually like something that has a bit of flavour (and that IS how you spell it)

Love

Wobble (of the beer drinking in large quantities class)

• finding my way
    finding my way

I miss beer

I'm pregnant so I haven't had one in 5 months but sometimes I dream of an Ice cold one.

Newcastle, Sam Adams octoberfest.. I'm going to stock up on fall beers and drink them after I have the little one. I love the Pumpkin Ales

btw, Beer and sewing machines are a great combo! You can get "sew" much done and it seems the time is flying!

~fmy

• cantleave
    cantleave

The best Beer in the World is "Old Speckled Hen" at 5.2% in the bottle, DO NOT drink from cans, Sacrilege !!!!

Shame it's served in all the Green King Pubs

Wobble have you ever had Ringwood Brewery's" Old Thumper?" That is even better than Old speckled hen! (did you know the Old speckled hen was an MG car?) I'd love to go for a bevvy with you - you obviously drink well.

Ohh and what about Wychwoods "Hobgoblin" ahhhhhhhhhh

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Try some Abita Turbo Dog..Good shit..

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Cantleave,

I don't believe I have tried Old Thumper, but I have woken up a few times with a real Old Thumper of a head ! I didn't realise you were in the U.K so I will P.M you in case we are close enough to have a session, just trying ales for scientific research of course, not to get pissed.

I know that taste is a very subjective thing, otherwise my wife would not have married me,but I still stand by my 5% ABV minimum ,as an inviolable rule .

My favourite quote is Oscar Wilde's "Work is the curse of the drinking classes "

Love

Wobble

ps Check your PM's

• dissed
    dissed

OUTLAW - What are you trying to tell us??

FMW - Pregnant? Does this mean you are not a male?

A friend of mine, a former JW and gay was asked for his favorite beer.

He sat back in his chair, with a smile on his face and said, "Bethelite. And I'll take two of those if you please."

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Das Boot!

• finding my way
    finding my way

Dissed,

LOL. Yes, that's what that means. Does my name have a male ring to it?

~fmw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit