One hundred eleven assemblies

by JimmyPage 20 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

how about the one in giants stadium in 82? or 84? where it rained 3 out of 4 days (pouring rain) those were dangerous too

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

WASTE!

• I quit!
    I quit!

This reminds me of the old joke we played as kids where you would say to someone you have something on your shirt and point to it. When they looked you would flick them on the nose. No one fell for it 111 times. Proof of the Watchtower's power to brainwash.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

My mother was raised as a JW (still is) and when she was a child they had 8 DAY ASSEMBLIES and Yankee Stadium. As if that wasn't torture enough, they lasted from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. That was the 50s and early 60s, I think. I remember them being Wed to Sun, then Thurs to Sun, the Fri, Sat and Sun. I think they realised that people actually had to work.

I am wondering if they were still 8 days and 12 hours long what the hell they'd talk about with repeating themselves over and over.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Good lord... eight days and 12 hours long... what inhumane torture!

• Gram
    Gram

Yankee Stadium 1958. Mom, Dad, me, sister age 5, Mom's friend and her 2 daughters ages 8 and 5 -- all in a 1955 Chevy Station Wagon. Drive from Cleveland to New York in the summer - no air conditioning - and friend's 5 year old daughter car sick all the way home. Now that was something.

Then of course the many summer assemblies with Grandma and her ripe bananas in the car. Driving to Detroit, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Buffalo.

Also the train 3 days and 2 nights in Coach to attend assemblies in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Albuquerque. Sums up all of my Summers.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Even today with one three day, one two day, and the Special day, that is six days a year.

Multiply by 30 years and thats 180 days. Half a year of my life gone!

I dont even want to do the math on meetings.....

• dinah
    dinah

Let's not do the math on meetings.

I only attended 52 assemblies. If you don't count the ones when I was too little to remember the number goes down a little.

YAY ME!!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Thank f*** I did not attend that many during my Dub career, although I was a 3 year old at an International Convention at Wembley Stadium in 1969 and have vague memories of night sessions at Twickenham, what a waste of a life, must be in the mid 50's for me.

• cantleave
    cantleave

126 for me. God - what a waste!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit