2010 got scared today! OLD AGE! Born in 1972 realized I may only live to 2050!

by Witness 007 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

If I live to 80 in 2050 thats in only 40 years and if I'm lucky.....not long.

Believing that a "God" will whisk me away to heaven would be very comforting....but I just can't do it. Ever think about dying of old age?

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

No, not really. I've always had the feeling I would die at a young age!...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Don't worry, you're still good.

Every year life expectancy is increasing. In addition to this, each year the increase in life expectancy itself also increases.

It has been calculated that by the time we reach the year 2022, the life expectancy increase will increase by one year. You will get a year older, but at the same time your life expectancy will also increase by a year. Basically we will be "immortal" (with the exception of accidental deaths - watch out for falling pianos!).

You can read more about it here:

http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/001432.html

This whole Singularity thing has been described as the "Rapture for Nerds".

Learn more about the Singularity: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Singularity_Is_Near#2020s

Stay Alive Till '75!

Stay Alive Till 2022!

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

My dad says "What do you want in heaven? What are you gonna do up there? I yiii yiiiiii, I can't believe you, you are so blinded!".

I say " I'll go where God tells me to go, and I'm sure Jehovah is capable of finding something for me to do up there".

47 and not liking thinking of old age.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Live your life on Earth as if that is all there is. You never know it might be. I have wasted so much of mine because the hope of Everlasting life in a paradise earth. I could have done so much more. I could have been an environmental activist or got involved in politics, but no that would be showing lack of faith in Jehovah's promises. Next election I will be voting for the first time. I attended a local council meeting the other day so my views could be given on future devlopment of our village. At last I am doing something really constructive, something that I hope will benefit my children's future.

• nelly136
    nelly136

in my family the men drop dead and the wiminz hang on as space cadets, i think i'd prefer to go quick like the men half, but on the plus side if i'm senile i wont remember it anyways.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I'm 22 this month, most of my family live until at least 80, which would mean i would still be alive in 2067, which is quite a long way in the future i guess, relatively speaking anyway... however, i keep thinking that i'll probably get cancer or something (i'm a hypochondriac) & die before i'm 30

That said, my grandad is 88, & if i'm still alive at his age, the year will be 2075... 100 years after armageddon

Wow

• yknot
    yknot

AAAACCCCKKKKK

Yknot finds a corner begins rocking herself chanting to soothe herself ..... "I will Live Forever", I will Live Forever"......

yknot-born 1973.

Seriously with medical advances in regeneration, healthy diet, excercise and other preventive stuff most of us will live way beyond 80!

And honestly I am going to be really mad as hell if the freakin WTS is still around say the end is imminent!...... Morris and Jackson would be 100, and 95 in 2050!

• penny2
    penny2

If you live to 75, that's only 3,900 weeks!

I'm 54 - if I live to 75, I've only got 1,092 weeks left.

I better make every week count!

• DJK
    DJK

You folks are young. When you get to my age you might find yourself picking up that package of depends in the grocery store just to see if they come in your size. Not long from then you might be buying them. I'm not looking forward to old, old, old age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit