2010 got scared today! OLD AGE! Born in 1972 realized I may only live to 2050!

by Witness 007 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Try adding 20 years, and you'll have a slight imagination of how I feel!

penny2 - SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!

• penny2
    penny2

Sorry, OldHippie, guess I should have done the calculation on 85 years!

Hope you're fit and well!

penny

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Make your peace with it and enjoy the rest of the ride. That's my motto anyway. Live in the now. Get a tattoo, climb a mountain, volunteer to help someone in need. Those are the things I've done to cope with my impending death.

It certainly makes a belief in a cloud 9 afterlife appealing.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Every now and again it will hit me that I'm 33 and not getting younger. I don't have a love interest, I don't have children and that doesn't look to change in the near future. I get a little sad that I'll move on and the world will carry on none the wiser, it will continue as if I never lived, no one will know who I was or what I did in my life.

I love life - I truly do. I honestly wouldn't mind living here for another 100 years or so - in good health. However when it is my time to move on - so be it. Whatever state I am in then, be it a soul, energy or worm food, then such is that journey.

• yknot
    yknot

DJK,

Take heart, regenerative medicine offers both new bladders and urinary tract reconstruction...

• wobble
    wobble

I am sixty next birthday ! I think about dying sometimes, I don't fear death,I just don't want to be there when it happens (thanks Spike Milligan for that one)

I have always said for the last few years that I will die when I am sixty-four, I really don't want to get too old, I'll let you know if it happens !

Love

Wobble

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

1972 ... old? I have ties that are older than you are. You aren't old yet ... Growing old isn't for the weak and faint hearted. Look'em in the eye and strke an attitude.

No more of this young wippersnapper mambipambiism. Stand up straight; hike up your pants (Make sure they're zipped. Nothing ruins a good attitude pose more than unzipped pants); spit and dare old age to come!

They don't call me Old Goat for muttin' bub.

• MadameSweden
    MadameSweden

I'm 60 now. I could die today, but I would like to live 30 more years in good health. I don't want to get ill and not be able to take care of myself.

Anyway I'm pleased so far with what I have experienced, not that everything was what I wished for, but I learned a lot from different crisis in my life.

Almost half my life has passed since I left the Borg, and I'm glad that I didn't loose more years in that mind control.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Something to think about: The average human lifespan around the world is 65 years.

This means that, on average, everyone only has about 24,000 days in their life.

If you are 33, you only have 12,000 days left.

If you are 50, you only have 5,500 days left.

If you are 60, you only have about 2,000 days left.

What are you going to do with this day?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Something to think about: The average human lifespan around the world is 65 years. Where I live it's a lot higher.. My aunt is 87 and she still works. I want to be just like her when I grow up.

What are you going to do with this day? I'm going to my 40th High School reunion.

Coffee who is 57, and who thinks "old" is a state of mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit