What do Yankees know about the South?

by undercover 51 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Here's a photo of where I go for Soul Food, here in Jackson, MS. It's called Bully's and it's about 2 miles from my job. I usually get the smothered pork chops, collard greens and macaroni and cheese. They also serve fried catfish, fried chicken, fried chitlins (chitterlings) and oxtails.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shockingbird/3463017591/

• beksbks
    beksbks

So those collard greens, steamed with garlic and a touch of olive oil? Pork chops smothered in veggies?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    So those collard greens, steamed with garlic and a touch of olive oil? Pork chops smothered in veggies?

The horror.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

1. What was the largest city in the South ( of the states that later made up the Confederacy) in 1860?
    JESUS

2. What was the worst maritime disaster in the South's (and America's) history?
    THE DEVIL

3. What city was the original capital of the Confederacy?
    GW BUSH

4. What Southern port city did Blackbeard the Pirate succesfully blockade? And what goods did he hold hostages ransom for?
    RAPTURE BAY

5. What real life town was the model for Mayberry on TVs Andy Griffith Show?
    HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

• beksbks
    beksbks

LWT! You would love my cooking, you little gravy sucker!

• yknot
    yknot

Undercover

YES! Juneteeth is the a celebration of June 19, 1865! The day the state of Texas received word about the abolishment of slavery.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I lived in Eden, NC, which is a couple counties east of Mt Airy.

My grandmother did not have trash service so she would burn some of her trash and throw the rest of it down in the "holler".

There would be a choice of eating at Hardee's for a fast bite, or the car hop at Sealtest. I could also shop over at Winn-Dixie.

The real in place on a Saturday night was Dick's Drive In, which was a lot like A&W.

http://greensboro.diningguide.com/data/d100326.htm

We had an unofficial slogan for the place.

"Dick's Drive In is the best place to eat. You might beat Dick's prices but you can't beat Dick's meat."

Ah, those sultry southern nights.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL at Bek and LWT.

I really don't - can't - eat like that anymore.

Sylvia

• undercover
    undercover
    All I know about the South, is that everyone is related, they all have teeth missing, they eat parts of pigs and chickens I wouldn't give to my cat, they deep fry everything, and they are too lazy to speak clearly.

Bless her heart...

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The Yankees know they are going to kick Tampa Bays ass when the dust settles.

Because the Yankees are the best team money can buy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit