Convention 2009 - My best friend gets "love bombed" back in the "truth" and his sad SMS!!!!

by Witness 007 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I was SO HAPPY when my best friend {A Witness} since childhood tells me he has doubts about the ORG. and how Brothers are "two faced" and the "false prophecies", and how he "needs a woman soon or he'll visit a brothel"...

He had not gone to meetings for months and his mum blamed me although he didn't need much convincing. Well we went to the Convention to please family and he enjoyed the lavish attention he got from so many "loving" brothers. I thought they were obvious cult kiss asses. Now he sends me an SMS saying he just got "back from the Meeting" "booked out for 4 weeks with dinners and parties...see you after that mate." Yet when we were Apostate buddies he was always availible.

All of a sudden the ORG. never looked so good....should of known at the Convention he was almost running from Brother to brother shaking hands and enjoying the attention...while I was saying: "Hey Mate lets "get some fresh air" and get a coffee." OH NO! Too many Brothers queing up to kiss your butt!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The funny thing is, when JW, and esp the elders do this, and are actually loving, you wonder why they just don't keep that up?

Evidentally, the stronger you are, the more like shit they can treat you?

If JW's were all about the coffee break instead of FS, and didn't DF anyone because the borg had a hair up its arse, then we would all still be in to hang out with our friends.

But its a cult, and love bombing is one of the biggest draws and weapons of cults.

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Don't worry, once he's regularly back at meetings all the kiss assing will wear off and they'll treat him with the usual contempt. He'll just have to learn the hard way i'm afraid.

BorgHater x

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I went to assembly day, first in at least 5 years; I was the talk of the place according to a few people.

So silly; when you go every time, you are no big deal, but if you stay away and then go back you get the love bombing.

P

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Hmmm, if I were into being love bombed I would phase in and out at carefully timed intervals to maximize the attention.

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Sometimes you have to go back to really fully understand how horrible it is. Myself and several people I know did this. We sort of left, the first time, meaning that we left but still carried the worry, big-A dread, and guilt. So we got love-bombed back or we went back because we thought we had to for some reason. Every one of us is back out, took us various amounts of time I'll grant you, but the second time back when your eyes and mind is partially open, is when you really start to see the flaws and the fakes.

So, by going back in, your friend might actually be able to come all the way out this time without carrying so much of the "stuff." Be patient with him.

Also, the love bombing is totally different if you are a woman. *bleh*

Ada

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Dont worry, its a novelty just now on both sides. It wont last long and if he's had doubts they will still be there. Like everyone else he will start to blend into the wallpaper sooner rather than later. He'll be phonong you up before you know it..!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Yes the love flows for those who are new or coming back to the BORG.

Remember in Luke 15 that the father gave a party for the prodigal son who returned, but the faithful other son was condemned.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I dont think the faithful son was actually condemned in that fairytale other than for sulking lol

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sorry, but he sounds like a slut, your friend. Let him go.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit