Reference to not mentioning GB in reports

by bibleresearcher 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• dinah
    dinah
    I wonder if elders realize that this puts legal liability solely on them?

I wonder that too. Jeff, didn't it make you say "wtf?" when they told you to handwrite that in your book?

That is one of the most disgusting cases of covering assets I've ever seen. When I first joined here and read about all their legal dealings, it was one of the things that really made me wake up. If the Society was concerned with righteousness and clean congregations, they would stand behind the poor elders who just parrot their party line. Instead, they distance themselves and let individual men take the legal blame for the decisions they were told to make.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Jeff, didn't it make you say "wtf?" when they told you to handwrite that in your book?

Everything about being an elder is weird...

Wait! I'll just do a little essay on this. I am done with work for the day anyway.... I'll try to keep it to 1 volume in length... lol

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Officially, the Society never said this, thats why they had this written down. It's a common, standard practice with the borg.

That used to always make me irritated......I always loved how they had you write notes in the margins about "new light"

In other words, lets make them handwrite it in the Pharasee Manual so they cant pin it on us later.........

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

*sticky note*

• sspo
    sspo

Nothing but liars to cover their butts and screw the elders if there was any problems.

As an elder for 21 years it would drive me nuts when GB took no responsibility for their " orders ' to the elders in enforcing

their unscriptural rules.

• dissed
    dissed

It was at the CO visit, during the Elders meeting, that he would conduct the 'necessary' business to write in the books.

True we all agreed to return the book, but with all our notes, that part of the book belonged to us. I was always ready for a confrontation over returning it, but no one ever asked for it back.

Years later, an Elder, I ran into, brought up to me my keeping the book in a deragatory way while at a Flea market. I didn't even respond, wasn't worth it.

But, the book was eventually destroyed with all my other JW stuff when I felt so inclined.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Why doesn't someone go into these 'instruction sessions' with a mini taperecorder? It's always puzzled me... especially since it would be legal in some states.

J

• dissed
    dissed

Shared with my wife the notes. Her response?

Those bastards!"

• DocBob
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

They had to kill the paper trail. In court, elders were testifying about the direction they received. Well no more of that, except that it lands all respsonsibility on the local BOE.

Imagine a job where u are responsible for the welfare of dozans of people. Your direction on how to treat these people is given by some old guys in a dorm, removed from reality. When one of these persons u are responsible for gets hurt by the policies of the brain dead ones in the dorm, it's your fault. NIiiiiiiice!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit