Reference to not mentioning GB in reports

by bibleresearcher 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bibleresearcher
    bibleresearcher

Hello all, it's been a while since I was on here. I think my previous username was "tfjw" but I had to get a new account.

Anyway, I'm doing some research on judicial cases, how they are handled, the use of the secret "Flock" book (Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock) and other related topics. I'm trying desperately to find the quote referring to the elders where they are not to mention the governing body or the Society, as it may be, in certain reports. I'm hoping someone will know which one I'm referring to. I checked the 2001 Flock book but was unable to find that direct quote. Anyone know about this? Perhaps it was a letter?

Thank you in advance,

Stephen

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

You will not find a direct quote. Elders starting in the mid 90's were instructed to write this direction in pencil in their copies of the "Flock" book.

To my knowledge (maybe Snakes would know better, its starting to be a while for me to remember these things) I don't think that those instructions were in letters either.....

Well, let me check my copy. I still have it.... brb.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

In my notes on pg 143, I see that I have 6 comments that were from the KM School of 12/94. (I copied all of a former CO's notes out of his when I became an elder....)

"Expressions Not To Be Used on s-77 or s-79 Forms"

1. Anything alluding to or naming one of the Societies attornies
    2. Any mention of the Legal Dept
    3. Any comments referring to direction from the Society
    4. Any comments mentioning anyone other then the judicial committee itself as a possible influence in the decision reached
    5. Any comments that might suggest to someone with a critical eye that the committee did not reach its decision on its own, but instead, yielded to the influence of an outside party
    6. Any comments indicating that the elders mishandled the case or committed any error in the investigation or the judicial committee process.

It's pretty nauseating to read that again, in my own handwriting.

If my memory is correct, there is no official correspondance from the Society's Service or Legal Dept with this information. But I promise you most every elder's ks textbook (ie "Flock" book) has this written down....

• bibleresearcher
    bibleresearcher

Thank you for checking. I saw this thread concerning a scanned copy of the 2005 Flock book with notes/updates but the link for download is no longer available as the thread is quite old.

Again, thank you.

Stephen

• bibleresearcher
    bibleresearcher

That's the one Jeff! Thank you VERY much for your time!!!

Regards,

Stephen

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Be careful!! It's handwritten!! The Society didn't print that in there, they had the elders hand copy this.

Officially, the Society never said this, thats why they had this written down. It's a common, standard practice with the borg.

• bibleresearcher
    bibleresearcher

Yes, it helps to disassociate the Society, its legal dept and other entities from the decisions being made. Some of this was taking place when I was in the Organization several years ago, but not to such an extent as it is today. Back then it was basically when the elders would have a meeting with the CO or whatever he was called back then in the 1970's and 80's, and the elders were "updated" on matters from the Society. "The Society says", "the Governing Body says", etc. but there was usually no clear, written text with the Society's letter head. Thanks again.

Stephen

• freddo
    freddo

I have two PA books and both have exactly what Alltimejeff said on page 143 in different elders handwriting - except being UK ones it says "legal advisors" instead of "attorneys". I don't have my own surrendered copy but I remember writing exactly the same things in mine at an elders school.

The WT leaders are sneaky self-serving bastards who will pull the carpet from under you in the blink of an eye to get themselves off the hook.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I wonder if elders realize that this puts legal liability solely on them? That wasn't lost on me at all. Of course, I had no money, so good luck bleeding this turnip in court.....

Small things like this slowly got the gears in my head to move forward.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Yes that struck me as evil to lie for the WTS. The BOE can call the branch but don't tell anyone that they did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit