A sincere question to active JW's

by feenx 44 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yes DD, I am happy to be out of that Satanic counterfeit. Jesus is the real thing.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I have a question for JW's too:

How can you be a pioneer and wotjh at the same time ??

Paul makes it clear in his letter that ALL are to work for a living, he used himself as an example as he was a tent maker by profession.

Paul obviously, as we see in the scriptures, preached in public places like market places and the synagouges and in the "house churches" of the time, but he didn't do all those hours nor did he keep a time sheet, I mean the man had to work or starve and he makes it clear that he didn't approve of those that didn't "carry their own weight" and had other provide for them.

If we look at the times of the 1st generation apostles, even in the Gospels, the apostles probably still worked to some degree or another, certainly the donations were used to take care of the poor and widows and those unable to work, but they were able bodied men.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

psac i cant see your post

• Spook
    Spook

I remember the horrified silence I got the first time I said "I don't agree with that - it's just their (governing body) opinioin. You can't possibly tell me with a straight face that the bible actually says that." I was a teenager in the ministry.

Another time:

"God's standards are hard enough to follow without yours added to the mix, thank you very much."

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spook, I take it that did not make you very popular.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit