A sincere question to active JW's

by feenx 44 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Even a simple and genuine question of any teaching or directive from the FDS can and likely will be taken as a form of apostasy.

I have often seen similar statements on this forum, so I now accept that this is the real experience of many, usually in the U S.

My experience has been different. When I was an elder we would frequently deal with questions, which we tried, often without success, to answer. When I stood down I openly said that I could no longer accept it all as truth. We had a chat - they could not satisfy my questions so they left me alone. Admittedly I have not actively campaigned as an opposer (in order to maintain a family) but they ignore me

My wife is certainly not a follower who swallows every word, but she is accepted.

So I am saying that seems are different around here [ So far !]

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

sir82 yes i got replies and always such loving replies too. I would usually write if elders wouldnt answer a question...and IA yes Bethal always informed in the letter that a copy of their letter was going to my elders, thats fine afterall Jehovah doesnt say we cant ask questions or we cant speak to Bethal, they are his head office and I have a right to have a full understanding of certain things, obviously not Judicial things but general things. :))

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Well, your expeirence is plausible...but your last statement is insane- Bethel is NOT Jehovah's head office. Why do you not have a right to know judicial matters? In ancient Israel judicial hearings were held at the city gates. Anyone who wanted to be present could be. Why not in dubland? Since you can not know the logistics of the judicial hearings yet are expected to follow whatever outcome the elders decide. Makes me think of Proverbs where Solomon says that anyone deciding a matter without hearing it is a foolishness on his part.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

AE I bet your elders love you, probably washed their hands of you by now

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

my elders are great.....they dont mind my asking hence im always confussed on here as to why many of you say different, maybe your elders had something to hide. I serve Jah, not mere man and im in good standing...Pioneering now again yay :))

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

oh sure, I know the elders would not allow the 'privelage' of pioneering to a member who visits these websites. Even if it would not get a publisher in trouble (which it would) a pioneer has to be an example to the cong. A couple of weeks ago you had told me that you could not pioneer at the moment as you await a back operation. You would not be fit now to go in service. Recovery takes a wee bit longer than a couple of weeks.

Come on, tell the truth. You are disfellowshipped, right? 2 times? Bitter? Feel guitly? A misfit?

Come clean.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This is the last line from the original post

Please don't this question in any kind of confrontational way, as that is not my intent.

I know sometimes debates insue on threads like this, and maybe it would be better to have them somewhere then on this thread. feenx asked some good questions.

AE represents herself as an active JW, and can answer feenx however she wants. Feenx, as I am sure you are aware, sometimes, when active and believing Jehovah's Witnesses post here, it can rub those who left the wrong way.

AE has admitted that when she has questions, she relies on others, specifically the elders, for answers. Not all do that. And as you know, to openly question major teachings and have doubts does create problems for active JW's.

I am no longer a JW, haven't been for 3 years now, but I thought I would throw that out there.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

angel eyes

I sent a letter to bethal one time. It was about the UN scandle. They were just like you in there response... RUDE. They sent me a form letter that didn't address my questions.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

ay??? where that come from...yes im awaiting an op...im not paralized though :)) I have been pionering from this month, been doing the hours since june.... unsure why you've gone all odd on me??? anyway...... i guess it must be something with my name..

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

wow. Ok. Not sure what version is true, what you told me, that you could not pioneer as you were awating an operation (told me one month ago) or what you have printed here. Which is true?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit