Crazy GB Rants from Bethel- All former B-lites please participate

by lrkr 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lrkr
    lrkr

Just remember a few crazy GB rants- the topic on no smooching during the prayer got me to remembering a few:

Losch- Morning Worship- Roommates should pray together (inferred kneeling on the floor together)

Losch- Morning Worship- Women have a natural craving for men that has to be managed and controlled by men

Barr (?)- Lunch- Saw women going to the workout room in leotards and issued an order that all exercise rooms must be closed during lunch time- later rescinded and strict rules instituted about what you can wear, where.

Sydlick, Jaracz, etc- Black Monday- Monday "special lecture" after the Watchtower about the evils of rock music and rap music. Listed several performing artists by name and urged Bethelites to come forward and destroy their music. The success of this effort and the quantity of music destroyed were touted for months after as a "cleansing of the Bethel Family"

Couch (not GB- but extremely entertaining)- Forget it- you could have a separate topic just about his rants- no touching your face at Morning Worship, don't go to Times Square, no wearing shorts, no wearing jeans, etc, etc, etc.

• dissed
    dissed

Couch - Whenever he said, "Some of the brothers"......then you knew it would followed by a negative lecture.

Grant Suiter - "Rubbing the sleep from your eyes is wrong" I looked around to see who might be doing it and noticed everyone else was doing the same. "Look! He's rubbig his eyes! Everyone! Get Him!"

Dan Sydlic - Responding to complaints from the family about Bethel life. "Its not what Bethel can do for you, but what you can do for Bethel"

Swingle - "If there is a nut in the organization, he's here at Bethel"

Swingle responding to a SR - "What and the Hell are you talking about?!" As related to me by a Swingle fan.

My roomate - "I think we should get on our knees and pray before bedtime each night together" My reply, "Let me know when you do, I'll leave the room"

SR Dissed when just arriving at Bethel during his first Monday WT study, "Who's that guy sleeping during the study?" Roomate said, "Fred Franz"

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Losch actually said during one of his MW's that he and his roommate would hold hands during their nightly prayers before bed. I shit thee not.

No one shared anything but looks and raised eyebrows at my table.....

Oh, and he said that football could be construed as a love of violence... again.

Couch was just weird... All I remember was that he talked about squirrel meat, and I laughed my ass off at the table. I got kicked twice under the table....

Losch was obviously my least favorite by a long way.....

Sam Herd was always funny. The best one was when a couple evidentally missed their turn for comments. Good ol Sam said something off the cuff that they were in real trouble. Turns out that they never got the written assignment in their Bethel mail. (thats how you get these assignments...) So after the comments, someone gave Sam a note, ad Sam was rather nice, explained that it was the offices mistake, and for everyone to confirm their love for them...

I actually like Sam Herd, everyone does. He has a character in South Park. His name is Token.

• lrkr
    lrkr

This is great- I'm LMAO remembering this stuff.

Remember when one bethelite had rented an R rated video at the local rental store in Brooklyn. The store keeper told Sydlick that one of "his boys" had been in and rented an R rated movie and would he like to know who it was. Sydlick said- Don't worry, I'll find out. He said at morning worship "If its you, you ought to come forward, because otherwise we'll find out who you are..." (in his booming voice) (I imagine there were quite a few crapped pants that morning!!)

• lrkr
    lrkr

You could always count on Losch, though, to say something absolutely outrageous. I heard about a later MW where he talked about masculine women and how that was such a worldly trend. Specifically, women with short hair cuts who take long strides when they walk!!!

• TheListener
    TheListener

I remember Fred Franz's prayers and how they went on and on and on and on...

and

How Couch always talked about homosexuality and elongated the word like hooooomoooooosexxxxxxuaaaaaaaals. He was always talking about going to Manhattan and even mentioned the club CBGBs a couple of times. He talked about not touching the door knobs that the hooooomoooooosexxxxxxxxuaaaaaaaals use.

and

Gangas always having to ask questions. I think it was to help his memory.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Losch- Morning Worship- Roommates should pray together (inferred kneeling on the floor together)

These two men (it's always men if they are single, right?) were put together by them. Otherwise, they are just roommates. That's about ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with it, but telling them to do it is wrong.

Losch- Morning Worship- Women have a natural craving for men that has to be managed and controlled by men

I've pretty much seen it the opposite way in real life. Bethel isn't real life, but should not be too different on that.
    Me thinks the GB think too much about women and mistrusting the members.

Barr (?)- Lunch- Saw women going to the workout room in leotards and issued an order that all exercise rooms must be closed during lunch time- later rescinded and strict rules instituted about what you can wear, where.

See? There they go thinking about women and mistrusting the members again. I think uptight GB members have a craving for women, especially ones in leotards.

Sydlick, Jaracz, etc- Black Monday- Monday "special lecture" after the Watchtower about the evils of rock music and rap music. Listed several performing artists by name and urged Bethelites to come forward and destroy their music. The success of this effort and the quantity of music destroyed were touted for months after as a "cleansing of the Bethel Family"

This could have rivaled Disco Demolition in White Sox Park in Chicago in 1979. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco_Demolition_Night)

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

So much control, do some really think they can control others issuing rules and trying to set principles that direct to those rules?

LD

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    So much control, do some really think they can control others issuing rules and trying to set principles that direct to those rules?

The Governing Body does...... They are so full of shit, they don't reallize how they smell.... Or they just learned to like the smell of their own stench.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLpx_yioYik

• yknot
    yknot

More stories purty please....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit