Crazy GB Rants from Bethel- All former B-lites please participate

by lrkr 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Edington
    Edington

Yes come on guys, your recollections are very amusing.

Every JW kid when asked what they wanted to do when they grew up would be expected to say 'GOOOOO TOOOOOO BETHELLLLLLL'

I went to a lunchtime meeting at one assembly for anyone interested in going to Bethel & when I asked how many hours a week we would be expected to work just so I had an idea what I'd be letting myself in for, the main American man (or was he Canadian) turned on me in front of everyone & said 'If that is of concern to you then you will not be good Bethel material' !!!

ED

• asilentone
    asilentone

If you have any stories about Johnny Errichetti, let me know, well they helped my parents come to the "truth".

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Keep them coming. Love hearing how Bethel REALLY is and not the glorified place it's made out to be.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

I went to Bethel about a year before Carey Barber died. He was surrounded by all these women he was hugging and kissing (on the cheeks, of course. LoL) and getting pictures with. I seem to remember our tour guide saying something about how he "liked the ladies".

• TheListener
    TheListener

Remember how the GB and heavies used to talk a lot about roommates not wrestling? They hit that very heavy in entrance school. Apparently wrestling leads to fornication and that is not appropriate for Bethelites.

Perhaps wrestling wasn't the real problem, maybe it was that the roommates were oiling each other up first.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I have a picture of me and the ex with Carey Barber. I think it's a well worn joke about Carey and the ladies there, because for the last several years of his life, he pretty much got wheeled into his office, read up on reports, and posed for pictures.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

What a way to go. LoL. I wouldn't mind be surrounded by beautiful women all the time when I'm in MY hundreds.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Any good stories about Milton Cammack?

• dissed
    dissed

Those who were there in the mid 70's remember this story well.

Under the 4 year committment few were making it, and so Bethel changed it to 1 year.

Just before the change, rumors started to fly about lowering the requirement. Even Bethel Elders were sharing stuff. The rumor worked its way back to 'El Presidente' Knorr, who decided the Family needed one of his 'quit your complaining keep your committment talks'.

He also claimed since HE was on the GB and had not discussed the possible change, it was absolutely, positively, not true, and wasn't going to happen. "Over my dead body!"

People felt deflated and were discouraged.

A few days later, the GB read the announcement, "Its now a 1 year commitment". Knorr who had until recently controlled Bethel was not on the Personal Committee, and had no idea of the upcoming change. Although they had polled Bethel Elders about the need for change, for some reason, they didn't ask Knorr for his opinion.

It was definately a coming down for the exalted one. But it also showed, there were issues between the GB.

Reminded me of the new Elder arrangement and the loss of control of the old congregation servant. Minor and major rebellions sprung up all over the world. Lead to several wars in our congregation over many years.

And all they were doing, was just imitating the GB.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Carey Barber loved to crack on any member of the clergy. He also had a bit of whistle in his voice (when he pronounce C or S- kind of like a cartoon character). So when he was ranting on about the Greek Orthodox clergy he loved to call them the "Black bearded sons of satan" (SSSSons of SSSSatan) He also talked about wanting to come up and pull their beards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit