What was going on this past week with the JW's?

by Melody Blankenship 29 Replies latest jw friends

• cattails
    cattails

ATJ: "Quiet Desperation."

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation." by Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them."

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

from what I heard in my old territory, they had their CA last weekend. NO school or meeting at the KH

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When a special assembly day program is scheduled, the congregation should have all the normal meetings throughout the week, except that the Public Meeting and the Watchtower Study are canceled.

Blondie, that announcement was changed sometime in the last year or two. They now cancel the weeknight meeting for the single day Special Assembly Day. It's in the KM somewhere.

You know, new light and exciting changes are always afoot.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't have a WT-CD 2008 so it must have been then.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

In my area a whole week of meetings has been cancelled due to a single assembly day too. Sometimes the elders like to 'double up' on meetings, so that they can have the extra day off. It's happened more than once. Even when it was bookstudy night, the conductor would sometimes ask if we'd like to study 2 sections, and miss the next week (if he was going away etc). It's happened many times in the main meetings too.

• dozy
    dozy

New instruction is that on the week of a special assembly day or circuit assembly ALL meetings are cancelled that week. This was in an elders letter. (I'm not 100% sure if the SAD is on a Saturday if there is still a normal meeting on the Sunday.)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I always liked when the meetings got cancelled, for whatever reason. I always hoped for a blizzard for that reason.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Perhaps more cost cutting? Maybe change to one meeting a week to cut local expenses so as to send more $$$ to the mother ship.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

I was talking to my mum and she mentioned something about the SAD and no meeting.

I switched off at that point...

• Melody Blankenship
    Melody Blankenship

Out at last..........they probably don't have anyone to pay the electric bill now that my dad has passed on to "Paradise Earth" or wherever the heck it is these nuts go after they die! Wouldn't surprise me one little bit about the cost cutting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit