What was going on this past week with the JW's?

by Melody Blankenship 29 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

Strange, My dad lives nearby, He did go to the Kingdom Hall during the week, then went to the Assembly on Saturday. They only meet 2 times a week now instead of 3.

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 1/98 p. 7 Announcements ***The body of elders should be aware that the following adjustments are needed when the congregation attends local assemblies: When a special assembly day program is scheduled, the congregation should have all the normal meetings throughout the week, except that the Public Meeting and the Watchtower Study are canceled.When scheduled to attend a circuit assembly, the congregation will also cancel the Theocratic Ministry School and the Service Meeting; only the Congregation Book Study will be held locally during that week. **of course now that the "bible study" is held with the school and the service meeting, it would be cancelled now too.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Thank you, Blondie!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, I am not going to argue the point. But, I still am active and I know my hall did not have any meetings this week, because of the special Assembly day. And I know the neighboring congregations didn't either. Actually, I was surprised when they announced that there would be no meeting Thursday either. Because, I know that in the past we still had a Thursday night meeting when we had the Special Assembley day.

• Melody Blankenship
    Melody Blankenship

This would happening in Beckham County, Oklahoma in the good old USA. Go to ODCR (Oklahoma District Court Records) and type in my name........

• asilentone
    asilentone

EmptyInside, maybe they overlooked the Society's orders.

• yknot
    yknot

Oklahoma lost all their in-state DCs this year.... and the locations they were shuffled to have already had their DCs........

So I am going with the SPAD......."The Time Left is Reduced"

Hope things go your way in court!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Melody, I see the court records, they cannot meet at the Kingdom Hall because they got served???? It does not make any sense.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Meetings are open to the public, right?

Could there be something inside the Kingdom Hall that the elders do not want to open the Kingdom Hall for?

Could some worldly snoop come into the Hall to talk with others?

Could some files at the back of the Kingdom Hall come under scrutiny by those in the case?

Perhaps the Kingdom Hall is closed, but the elders are staying over to scrub the toilets and whatever else grime is inside? Drive by the Kingdom Hall to see?

Look for the church name, elder(s) names, etc. Any and all could be named.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Re: What was going on this past week with the JW's?

Quiet Desperation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit