ODD HINGS ELDERS HAVE DONE

by badboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS?

• Quandry
    Quandry

Well, none did odd hings that I recall, but just this morning I was recalling an elder and his gaffs in talks.

One time he got up to the platform in the local KHall and announced: "Jesus was a frantic, and his followers were frantics." He then went on with his talk......my husband and I rolled our eyes at one another.

Possibly he was councelled, but then proceded to speak at a Circuit Assembly, quoting a scripture, "They followed in the same low STINK of debauchery." He then added, for emphasis, "And doesn't it stink!"

I wonder if he was spoken to after that?

• badboy
    badboy

I MEAN THINGS,MY KEYBOARD LETTERS DON'T WORK

• Quandry
    Quandry

I MEAN THINGS

I knew that's what you meant, I just wanted to tease.

• badboy
    badboy

wHAT SCRIPTURE WAS THAT?

• cantleave
    cantleave

The oddest thing I have ever seen is a power struggle for who would be the next PO after our old was pronounced terminally ill. It was worse than a political coup.

• Quandry
    Quandry

2Peter 4:4

• crapola
    crapola

Out in service one day an elder and another brother were talking about sex and the elder said he sometimes called his wife by her middle name. That way he could pretend he was with another woman without actually committing adultery. I could'nt believe what I was hearing. Made me sick! And there were young boys in the car with us.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

They said YES when offered the job....

Lately, as I look back, all elders are weird, and that includes me. I wanted to be the hot shot speaker with a binder for everything. I had one of those box like brief cases (elder cases, as we called them) to fit all of my elder shit in. The only thing lacking in it were whips, chains, and sodium pentathol.

A poster whom I respect on Ronnies board called Jehovah's Witnesses, the whole lot of the dogma and people, a sickness. It's viral. It affects your thinking, your emotions, your point of view. It is worse then swine flu.

Included in this sickness is the delusion of grandeur that the borg gives men, so that they think they want this job, where you have to kiss ass to join, kiss ass to stay. Where the main job description is parroting the borg company line of do more do more do more.

And then, you have to deal with judicial stuff? Pedophiles? It's a great job! (not) It creates odd people. The only normal ones these days are the ones that want out....

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

When I visited New Orleans with friends, being the good little Dubs we were, we went to a bookstudy. One elderly man commented four times. Each time the conductor very bruskly told him his answer was wrong. His answers weren't wrong (in a JW way) they were just fine. The conductor was fine with everyone else. He obviously had it out for this brother. My friends and I were thinking WTF?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit