Polanski moral equivocation makes me sick...

by avishai 100 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• yknot
    yknot
    In Europe, the prevailing mood — at least among those with access to the news media — seemed to be that Mr. Polanski has already “atoned for the sins of his young years,” as Jacek Bromski, the chief of the Polish Filmmakers Association, put it.

..... Young Years?....... Pedophile Polanski was 44 years old when the crime took place!

and does this sick bastard have a pattern.... well let the forum discern this statement from an interiview with Nastassja Kinski

At a party in Munich, she met Roman Polanski. He was 42, she was 15. "It started out as a light romance," she recalls, "but he became demanding and possessive."

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/interview-nastassja-kinski--still-a-daddys-girl-1241160.html

• JWoods
    JWoods

I guess it is never going to stop until ALL the wanabee hollywood nuts have crawled out of the woodwork...

This is Sharon Tate's sister on the subject: He is a "nice guy" and it is causing her a great deal of pain to see him persecuted the same week that one of the Manson killers was let go. SAY WTF???????????

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33088385/ns/today-today_entertainment/

• avishai
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

French film director, Luc Besson, did not sign the petition. . .

I have a lot of affection for him, he is a man that I like very much but nobody should be above the law. I don't know the details of this case, but I think that when you don't show up for trial, you are taking a risk."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/roman-polanski/6245219/Roman-Polanski-backlash-as-Whoopi-Goldberg-says-director-didnt-commit-rape-rape.html

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

After outcry, France changes tone on Roman Polanski case

France's government changed its tone on Wednesday on the arrest of Roman Polanski for having sex with a 13-year-old girl, describing the charges as serious after initially rushing to the film director's defense.

France and Poland, where the 76-year-old Oscar-winning director spent his childhood, at first loudly protested against Polanski's arrest last weekend.

But U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Wednesday that it was for judges, not diplomats, to handle the case which dates back to 1977.

After French politicians across the spectrum initially voiced strong unease over the arrest, a government spokesman modified the official line on Wednesday, saying that Polanski was "neither above nor below the law."

"A judicial procedure is under way concerning a serious case, the rape of a minor, and the U.S. and Swiss justice systems are doing their work," spokesman Luc Chatel told reporters after a cabinet meeting.

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE58T4ZM20090930

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

In most european countries the age of consent for gay and straight sex is fifteen. if i am not mistook, a guy fromthe UK could marry a french girl bring her back to the UK for the honeymoon, and be arrested for rape.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

In most european countries the age of consent for gay and straight sex is fifteen. if i am not mistook, a guy fromthe UK could marry a french girl bring her back to the UK for the honeymoon, and be arrested for rape.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

This is a disgrace however. An adult taking advantage of a child or even a barely legal youngster is disgusting.

In the Netherlands the age of consent was brought down to 13 in some cases, but the older party must also be a minor.

HB

And can anybody tell me why the pedo novel "Lolita" is considered respectable literature?

• beksbks
  • beksbks
    beksbks
    Moral clarity is lost on these Hollyweird people, and these are the very same people that set the trends and the atmosphere in the larger culture.

Anyone who looks at Hollywood as some sort of representation of ANYTHING other than some fantasy world, is as foolish as they are. Remember folks, it's the public that makes them what they are. Same thing goes with sports and music stars. They are people who have a talent in an area that entertains us, and that is all. We have the power. Boycott the bastards.

LWT, I have seen two names on the list of supporters that disappoint the hell out of me. Scorsese is one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit