Polanski moral equivocation makes me sick...

by avishai 100 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• dissed
    dissed

I know its sad that Americans are so morally depraved so as to want people that drug children and molest them to be sentenced to prison. Were are so sick here.

• VIII
    VIII

From Wikipedia:

Sex crime conviction

In 1977, Polanski, then aged 44, became embroiled in a scandal involving 13-year-old Samantha Gailey (now Samantha Geimer). It ultimately led to Polanski's guilty plea to the charge of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor.

According to Geimer, Polanski asked Geimer's mother if he could photograph the girl for the French edition of Vogue, which Polanski had been invited to guest-edit. Her mother allowed a private photo shoot. According to Geimer in a 2003 interview, "Everything was going fine; then he asked me to change, well, in front of him." She added, "It didn't feel right, and I didn't want to go back to the second shoot."

Geimer later agreed to a second session, which took place on March 10, 1977 at the Mulholland area home of actor Jack Nicholson in Los Angeles. "We did photos with me drinking champagne," Geimer says. "Toward the end it got a little scary, and I realized he had other intentions and I knew I was not where I should be. I just didn't quite know how to get myself out of there." She recalled in a 2003 interview that she began to feel uncomfortable after he asked her to lie down on a bed, and how she attempted to resist. "I said, 'No, no. I don't want to go in there. No, I don't want to do this. No!', and then I didn't know what else to do," she stated, adding: "We were alone and I didn’t know what else would happen if I made a scene. So I was just scared, and after giving some resistance, I figured well, I guess I’ll get to come home after this".

Geimer testified that Polanski gave her a combination of champagne and quaaludes,a sedativedrug, and "despite her protests, he performed oral sex, intercourse and sodomy on her", each time after being told 'no' and being asked to stop.

Charges and guilty plea

Polanski was initially charged with rape by use of drugs, perversion, sodomy, lewd and lascivious act upon a child under 14, and furnishing a controlled substance (methaqualone) to a minor. These charges were dismissed under the terms of his plea bargain, and he pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of engaging in unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Sounds like a nice guy. Just the kind of man you want to leave your daughters or grand-daughters with.

NOT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Polanski

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

It's amazing to me how much differently some people on here feel about JW's who have never received justice for similar crimes, even years after they happened.

• avishai
    avishai

Geez, Hamilcar and Satanus, anti-semitic much? I mentioned Eichmann et. al, because many said that people like Wiesenthal should stop following them, as if there were some sort of statute, c'mon, they were old, lived in Argentina as businessmen, can't we just let bygones be bygones?

I'll use a different example. Say, in 20 years we finally catch Bin Laden. And people say"He's had a hard life, has to be on dialysis, live in a cave, had his assets frozen, just let it go..."

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

S hould Priests and JW Elders and anyone else who rapes a child get off because it happened 30 years ago?

Or, just because the person is famous and lived freely in Europe?

I don't think anyone is saying he should get away with anything. MY point is that according to records, the man HAD PROPERTY in both countries - France and Switzerland - he apparently moved about freely during the past 30 years in THOSE countries. The point is - he was easy to nab at any point during that time so why now? There has to be some benefit or payoff to someone somewhere in order for this to happen now...it could have happened 20 years ago or 15 years ago. It is now the 40th anniversary of his wifes murder and that had a whole whack of publicity about it - one of Mansons followers just died of brain cancer this week - now Polanski is caught? I'm not questioning his guilt - I question the motive behind waiting so long to 'nab' him and I question the reason behind the 'nabbing' at this precise moment.

Just for the record - I believe that the victim has more of a right to her say in the matter and outcome than any one of us and additionally, I would like to know if he has had a clean record since or if he has had other violations against him, sammieswife.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    It's sick the way Holywood is reacting to this

Not ALL of Hollywood is backing him up - some have spoken out for him but those few are not ALL of Hollywood. sammieswife.

• Dixie
    Dixie

Polanski is nothing but a child rapist. It disgusts me that people are actually defending him. It's amazing that the columnist co-founded a women's equality group. How someone can stand for equality and civil rights while condoning a child rapist is beyond me.

Narkissos - Most states, even those with 18 as the age of consent, don't prosecute for teen sex. Usually the law is that if you're over 18 you can have sex with a younger person as long she's no more than 2, 3 or 4 years younger than you. The law is to prevent young people from being taken advantage of.

Ada, is it possible that there is more to your friends story? According to Washington state law there is nothing criminal about a 17 yr old & an 18 yr old having sex. The age of consent is 16 with these exceptions:

RCW 9A.44.093

"(1) A person is guilty of sexual misconduct with a minor in the first degree when the person has, or knowingly causes another person under the age of eighteen to have, sexual intercourse with another person who is at least sixteen years old but less than eighteen years old and not married to the perpetrator, if the perpetrator is at least sixty months older than the victim, is in a significant relationship to the victim, and abuses a supervisory position within that relationship in order to engage in or cause another person under the age of eighteen to engage in sexual intercourse with the victim."

• JWoods
    JWoods

Just for the record - I believe that the victim has more of a right to her say in the matter and outcome than any one of us and additionally, I would like to know if he has had a clean record since or if he has had other violations against him, sammieswife.

My sports car board has a posting which shows him loving around on two european girls who do not look to be 18. Don't know how recent. These king of people generally do not change their ways.

• avishai
    avishai

Sammie, to answer your questions and assertions. #1 There have been at least 8 times on record that the US has tried to capture him in other countries.

#2, He's already been convicted, it's not up to the victim. If that was the way our Justice system worked, hardly anyone would stay arrested for domestic violence. And #3, he may not have any more convictions, but it's on record that a year or so later he was Having sex with 15 year old Nastassia Kinski. So we know that that was his preference.

• avishai

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit