Is Life a Blind and Pitiless Existance?

by passwordprotected 32 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Life is and always has been, what WE make of it.

All the good, the bad and the ugly.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Oh Come, come PWP!

Have you been taking misery pills today? This sounds sooo Jdub.

"mere" animals? Dont do the animals down - they are magnificent beautiful and perfect.

We are all GOOD ENOUGH.

It is not a pitiless existence - I sponsor children and see so much beauty in this world I am speechless.

You are only BLIND if you choose not to look.

We have OURSELVES - and that is a whole universe - given to us, I believe by (it is such an anaemic word, for it does not do justice to it) GOD. And please note I dont mean YOUR god or anybody elses.

"Accept your mortality, for this too is God..."

HB

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

42 anyone?

• undercover
    undercover
    Cheetos. The purpose of life is Cheetos. Yummy!

Puffed or crunchy fried?

I was always partial to Cheez Doodles myself. With a Mountain Dew... talk about a gut bomb...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If God didn't have a Creator, then what purpose does his life have? Why doesn't he just kill himself?

• undercover
    undercover
    42 anyone?

It's not long to 4:20

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

And genes cannot be selfish because they dont have a personality to behave in line with human opinions on behavior.

I hope you are feeling happy again tomorrow. I have days where I think like this too...

HB

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think the question itself is loaded. It's proceeding from the assumption that we need to worship a creator, and follow some pre-designed purpose to have a meaningful life; that simply making the most of our time on earth, and doing what makes us happy can't accomplish that.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Things happen.

Then more things happen.

And after those things happen more things happen.

You can se it as CRUEL or PITYLESS so God sends souls to hell for not believing in monotheistic mumbo - jumbo.

NOTE that it was human beings who rescued the victims of Auschwitz, Dachau and Innsbruck not your "god".

HB

• Spook
    Spook

42 it is...

The universe doesn't notice you, yet every atom in you was once a supernova. Some organisms survive by killing us. Some survive by being delicious.

I think this is a meaningless question, particularly since life is not a "thing." You are reifying the concept which refers to a set of qualities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit