When you were little and growing up

by is there help out there 16 Replies latest jw friends

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

Did you ever think there were monster under your be4d or closets

• yknot
    yknot

NO.....but Saturna the evil witch from 'Trouble with Miss Switch' did. (closet)

However if I prayed to Jehovah and kept the covers completely covering my body I was safe from those demons who used her image to persecute me..... which today really messes with my hubby's sleeping style of one foot out....yes I still stay completely covered up!

• Gregor
    Gregor

I went through a period of being terrified at bedtime when I was 9 or 10. Looking back, I associate it with a couple of horror movies I should never have been taken to combined with a lot of turmoil in my young life . My parents were openly talking about separating and at one point told Mom told my sister and I that we might be put up for adoption because they could not afford to take care of us. (My mother was doing this to motivate Dad. She was indifferent to the effect on us kids.) Too much drama for me. In the middle of this we moved to a little rented house next to a dairy and I started a new school. Dad was doing his frequent drunken rants while me and Bizzy hid under the covers. Strange sounds at night and a dread of my new school situation. Bad memories.

• trueblue
    trueblue

When I was about 5 we watched this Grizzly bear movie. I convinced myself that I would and could whip up on that bear. I wasn't afraid of no monsters when I was awake but every night in my dreams I had the same monster chasing me until one night I confronted the monster and he left me.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I used to think there were demons lurking every where. I was terrified.

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Do any of you remember the scene in Superman 3 where the woman gets sucked into a giant computer and comes out looking like a robot, with messy black hair and white eyeballs?

That woman scared the living shit outta me and i was convinced she was going to come out of my wardrobe in the night and get me lol

(i would post a YouTube clip of it but i haven't got a clue how to do that)

BorgHater x

• mrsjones5
  • BorgHater
    BorgHater

EEEEEK! No word of a lie, but when i scrolled down and saw those eyes i got the fright of my frigging life!! LOL I think i've just aged 10 years MrsJones - i can't believe it still scares me

BorgHater x

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

yup i did :) lol monsters....well i wasnt far wrong ay.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, I heard too many of the adults talking about scary encounters with wicked spirits. So, when I had to go upstairs to my room by myself I'd sing the chorus of "We're Jehovah's Witnesses" stressing the name Jehovah. Now, that I'm older I'm mad they talked about that stuff in front of me. It scared me so much I couldn't sleep most nights.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit