When you were little and growing up

by is there help out there 16 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

(((EmptyInside)))) that was very cruel.

my parents did the same thing.

I was terrified of demons. But I didn't dare tell my parents about the demons ... I knew my parents would say I didn't something wrong and brought the demons in the house...... and I would be punished. So I just prayed my heart out...kept begging jehovah for forgiveness for whatever I had done. Even though I didn't know what it was.

lisa

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I was absolutely terrified of demons and Armegeddon when I was little. I had panic attacks when awake and night terrors while asleep.

My night terrors were so real to me that my Mom thought I was demonized.

All a happy little vicious circle, aye?

• dinah
    dinah

I had night terrors when I was little too.

• CrazyBlonde
    CrazyBlonde

I was scared of the dark from about 7 to 14 yrs old.

My parents had a huge creepy dark house made of wood, with dim lighting, and they kept on going on about demons, then told me I was bringing demons into the house when I brought home books from the school library that had supernatural stuff in them. They even banished some of my books to the rubbish bin outside overnight so the demons couldn't get us 0_o. And I got smacked/beaten heaps. I used to have nightmares about things coming into my room and knocking over the furniture, like all the demon rumours going around at the time.

They then suggested I read through all the old watchtower and awake volumes they had (from the early 60's to mid 90's)... which led to me pointing out all the inconsistancies I could find regarding parenting and attitudes. Of course I got smacked and told off for my efforts. Little did they know they about the monster they were creating lol

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

p.s. I must add that noone meant to scare me. They just exercised poor judgement in talking about that stuff in front of me. And, of course, I was curious about that stuff. But, then, later on, It freaked me out. I just wanted to clarify they didn't talk about demon stuff in front of me to be mean.

• Chalam
    Chalam

No word of a lie, but when i scrolled down and saw those eyes i got the fright of my frigging life!!

I had a similar experience, gave me a bit of a chill. Curiosity got the better of me and I hit play though.

The whole scene remind me of JWs. They have been sucked in by the borganisation and are now totally zombified.

It is almost impossible for them to escape the control and they need total deprogramming.

All the best,

Stephen

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

I used to be afraid of toilets and showers (from one of the Look Who's Talking Movies and pop culture references to Psycho, respectively). I would also relatively frequently have nightmares about demonism or Armeggedon, and would wake up afraid that something was hiding in the room, having to turn the lights on. I also would never look directly in the mirror immediately after awakening for fear that a demon version of myself would be there instead and would pop out and get me.

Actually, I still have some of the same fears (everything except the toilets and showers), and have had panic and anxiety attacks which at times were so severe that I almost lost contact with reality... I think I may start a new topic on that subject... ten hours from now. LoL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit