Did You Ever Spank Your Kids?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Were YOU spanked?

Is spanking "wrong"? (They say your IQ might be affected adversely from being spanked).

• asilentone
    asilentone

yes, I was.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Yes, I was spanked. About lower iq's, a basic premise of logic is that correlation does not equal causation--a point missed by most on this topic.

• minimus
    minimus

cause what?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Eye-Que, Whuuut?

• minimus
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

One of my favorite movies:

Idiocracy - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Plot: Private Joe Bauers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program. Forgotten, he awakes 500 years in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed-down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Yes, I spanked my kids. However, my ex and I sat down and discussed that spanking was a punishment reserved for blatant rebellion, lying, or theft. Anything else got groundings or restrictions. Spankings had a whole set of rules that we had to adhere to. They could only be administered by the parent who was not directly involved, had to be administered with both parents present, and after an hour "time-out". The spanking was a single swat on the butt. We really strifed to not spank out of anger or for silly reasons, like my ex and I got spanked over.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I was more than spanked, a spank would have been so much easier.

We dont spank our children, I have tapped them on the hand but grounding works best or taking a fav toy away works with the eldest.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Did You Ever Spank Your Kids?

Nope.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit