How Are JW's Sins Forgiven?

by Perry 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

prayer to God through Jesus, and thanks to Jesus ransome sacrifice our sins are forgiven if we repent :)

• Chalam
    Chalam

John 3:36 (English Standard Version)

36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

If your belief in Jesus is wrong then "the wrath of God remains".

You want to be very sure that Jesus is Michael as you believe and preach and this is not a myth invented by the WT.

Also, that is he is "a god", not God with us as the scripture says.

Here's a couple of verses to consider Psalm 93:2 Proverbs 8:23

All the best,

Stephen

• Perry
    Perry

From Answers.com: Jewish views of sin regard the violation of any of the divine commandments to be a sin. Judaism teaches that sin is an act, and not a state of being. Humankind was not created with an inclination to do evil, but has that inclination "from his youth"(Genesis 8:21).

Hi Balsam,

The Jewish Old Testament teaches that man is totally corrupted from the womb:

Psalm 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

This is why animal sacrifices were needed to carry out the death penalty on the animal, in place of the sinner.

• Lieu
    Lieu

The same way all those claiming to be Christians are ... you find out after you die at the Judgment if what you did has been forgiven.

If one can't raise the dead, one can't forgive sins.

• yknot
    yknot

I know I posted the scriptures used by the WTS regarding forgiveness outside of the new covenant for the other sheep on another thread ......

But this thread seems more appropriate to paste the accompanying paragraph for the discernment of the forum:

*** w08 12/15 p. 14 par. 14 Appreciate Jesus’ Unique Role in God’s Purpose ***

14What about those who are not in the new covenant, those who hope to live forever on earth, not in heaven? While not participants in the new covenant, these are beneficiaries of it. They receive forgiveness of their sins and are declared righteous as God’s friends. (Jas. 2:23; 1 John 2:1, 2) Whether we have a heavenly hope or an earthly hope, each one of us has good reason to appreciate Jesus’ role as the Mediator of the new covenant

(James 2:23) 23 and the scripture was fulfilled which says: “Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness,” and he came to be called “Jehovah’s friend.”

(1 John 2:1-2) 2 My little children, I am writing YOU these things that YOU may not commit a sin. And yet, if anyone does commit a sin, we have a helper with the Father, Jesus Christ, a righteous one. 2 And he is a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins, yet not for ours only but also for the whole world’s.

• Perry
    Perry

Lieu,

Real Christians get a confirmation not only of God's existence but of their secure position as his children:

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

It is the sweetest exchange you'll ever experience.....priceless. If a Christian does not have this internal witness, and some time has passed, he/she is most likely not a "Christian" in the biblical sense and is still lost in their sins and headed for judgment after they die.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello ynot,

I know I posted the scriptures used by the WTS regarding forgiveness outside of the new covenant for the other sheep on another thread ......

But this thread seems more appropriate to paste the accompanying paragraph for the discernment of the forum:

*** w08 12/15 p. 14 par. 14 Appreciate Jesus’ Unique Role in God’s Purpose ***

14What about those who are not in the new covenant, those who hope to live forever on earth, not in heaven? While not participants in the new covenant, these are beneficiaries of it. They receive forgiveness of their sins and are declared righteous as God’s friends. (Jas. 2:23; 1 John 2:1, 2) Whether we have a heavenly hope or an earthly hope, each one of us has good reason to appreciate Jesus’ role as the Mediator of the new covenant

OK, where to start! Israel and the Gentile believers are one flock John 10:16 John 17 Romans 11 and there is one hope Ephesians 4:4-6 and one eternal dwelling for believers Revelation 21:1-3

(James 2:23) 23 and the scripture was fulfilled which says: “Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness,” and he came to be called “Jehovah’s friend.”

Both people mentioned in this chapter are from the Old Testament (Abraham and Rahab) and from the Old Covenant which is obsolete Hebrews 8:13.

We are in the times of the Gentiles (New Testament times) Luke 21:24 with its New Covenant 1 Corinthians 11:25

(1 John 2:1-2) 2 My little children, I am writing YOU these things that YOU may not commit a sin. And yet, if anyone does commit a sin, we have a helper with the Father, Jesus Christ, a righteous one. 2 And he is a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins, yet not for ours only but also for the whole world’s.

Only if you are in His covenant! The New Covenant is better than the first and supersedes it Hebrews 7:22 Hebrews 8:6 Hebrews 12:24

You are either in the New Covenant and following Jesus' command or not Luke 22:19-21 Matthew 7:13-15

All the best,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Don't you find the fears, judgementalism, and superstitions of the Trinitarian Fundamentalists facinating- 'My experience, my interpretation'.

Do good everyday, all will be well.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Do good everyday, all will be well.

I find this superstitious statement fascinating.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AE said: prayer to God through Jesus, and thanks to Jesus ransome sacrifice our sins are forgiven if we repent :)

My reply: That is not truly an accurate answer. In JW world Jesus death ONLY paid for Adam's sin. JW sins are held in abeyance, so to speak, and paid for upon their death, or, if the JW survives the JW fairytale great tribulation and walks into the new system, they are forgiven at that point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit