Handy ladies

by beksbks 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

All the Damn butch Lesbians on this site! Turns me off...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I'm just kidding.....

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Turns me off...

Gee, coming from you that really hurts..........

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I'm jelous....still need to put up that "beware of dog" sign one' a these days...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Walter! We're handy ladies, not brutes!

Damn, that's too bad. I could use a couple of brutes around here today. After 15 years of working in front of a computer I've turned into a wuss. It's hard to enjoy a beer break when your hands are so sore and swollen you can barely close one around a beer bottle.

Maybe this girl can help me out.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Oh Beksbks,

I feel for you! I remember my husband and I deciding to put sprinklers in our backyard ourselves Yeah, after using a pick ax for hours in the California heat hitting rocks in flip flops ( not to bright) in order to make a trench to put the pips down... I was literately in tears by the end of the day

Sometimes it's just better to pay out the money.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Sometimes it's just better to pay out the money.

I agree, but I couldn't even find a contractor who would return my phone calls, let alone come and do the job.

Maybe the economy isn't so bad after all.

W

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I must admit I've always been impressed with a girl who's not afraid to roll up her sleeves and work on a project around the house.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Ooohhh what's a plunge router Heaven??

beks... a plunge router is a router (woodworking tool that is used to make decorative cuts or hollow out an area in the face of a piece of wood) that allows the blade to be moved up and down instead of being stationary (where you set a specific depth and that depth stays specific throughout the cut).

So, for example, if you want to make a dovetail joint for a box, you can use a router to make the cuts. If you want to make a decorative edge to a wooden shelf, say a bullnose, you can use a router. Here's a pic of one similar to mine...this is a 2200E (mine's older... 2000E):

Plunge Router

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sweeeet! I admit, most of what I have done has not been creative or artistic, but I am planning on doing a tile counter/bar top soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit