Will some Jehovah's Witnesses inherit God's Kingdom?

by asilentone 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

We are baptised, this is a being born again because we start afresh from then on, our past has been cleansed away :)

• Chalam
    Chalam

Thanks for you answer. I have a couple more questions.

We are baptised,

Is that JWs or anyone who is baptised?

this is a being born again because we start afresh from then on, our past has been cleansed away :)

Are you born again then?

All the best,

Stephen

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

In a way we are, from our baptism our past sins are washed away but we still sin from then on,due to imperfections,however if we repent,truly repent whilst living up to God's standards then we are forgiven through the ransome sacrifice of Jesus. We witness about Jehovah and his kingdom, hence we are Jehovahs witnesses.

• yknot
    yknot

Stephen,

Then try a little harder to discern the individual JW from the WTS teaching so that it doesn't blind you into stumbling the persons you are trying to reach.

Yes the average JW isn't spiritual or WTS theology deep, but neither was the thief and yet his faith gained him a spot in paradise.

Differences amongst religious interpretations within Xendom have caused death and brutality in past times and it would be a shame that as Christ's Body (yes I am saying that in indifference to the WTS malarky) we act in ways that tear each other apart rather then upbuilding each other and reaching out to those who haven't yet received Jesus.

Finding common ground is paramount or it just becomes a 'we' versus 'them' situation.......and where is the love of Christ in that?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Ynot...I loves ya

Its hard on here to get too deep with some as too many times people fall out, so i just stay on the surface.....id never go too deep but with my bible studys i do because its good for them to dig and dig...I always encourage it:)

gnite hun....

• Chalam
    Chalam

Thanks again for the answer Angel Eyes. I still am a little confused to if you are born again or not!

If Jehovah asks you, would you say "yes" or "no"?

In a way we are, from our baptism our past sins are washed away but we still sin from then on,due to imperfections,however if we repent,truly repent whilst living up to God's standards then we are forgiven through the ransome sacrifice of Jesus.

So your salvation is conditional to ongoing repentance? What if you miss a sin for example? Or if you fail to live up to God's standards every now and then?

We witness about Jehovah and his kingdom, hence we are Jehovahs witnesses.

What about Jesus and His Kingdom?

Luke 1:31-33 (English Standard Version)

31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end."

Isaiah 9:6-7 (English Standard Version)

6 For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given;
    and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
    and his name shall be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
    7 Of the increase of his government and of peace
    there will be no end,
    on the throne of David and over his kingdom,
    to establish it and to uphold it
    with justice and with righteousness
    from this time forth and forevermore.
    The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this.

Acts 1:8 (English Standard Version)

8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

All the best,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Its hard on here to get too deep with some as too many times people fall out

BTW, we will never fall out because of a difference in beliefs 1 Peter 3:15

Going a little deeper is essential. Consider the Mormons, JWs and myself, a born again Christian.

• We all believe there is one God.
    • We all believe God is a loving God.
    • We all believe God is a just God and will judge.
    • We all believe Jesus is the only begotten Son of God.
    • We all believe Jesus came and died for our sins.
    • We all believe Jesus' blood cleanses us from our sins.

Any so the list continues, many apparent beliefs are the same.

However, beneath the surface we all believe totally different things.

All the best,

Stephen

• Perry
    Perry

(1 John 2:1-2) 2 My little children, I am writing YOU these things that YOU may not commit a sin. And yet, if anyone does commit a sin, we have a helper with the Father, Jesus Christ, a righteous one. 2 And he is a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins, yet not for ours only but also for the whole world's.

Thanks Yknot,

I was witnessing to a couple of pioneers manning a kiosk at an airport a few days ago and they pointed to this exact scripture. So, it is funny that you bring this one up. I told the sisters that I knew for a fact that JW's did not believe in universalism. (the belief that everyone will eventually be saved). They agreed that they did not believe that. So, I told them that they cannot logically claim out of one side of their mouth that the whole world would be saved and out of the other side of their mouth claim that only Jehovah's Witnesses would be saved.

Obviously the writer was saying that Jesus was a sacrifice not only for the Jews, but for the Gentiles as well. That's when they wanted to get my number and get back with me.

The other scripture:

(James 2:22-23)23 and the scripture was fulfilled which says: "Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness," and he came to be called "Jehovah's friend."

Well, I'd say that Jehovah himself spoke when Jesus rose from the Jordan river and said, "this is my son, listen to him." And what did Jesus say? This :

Take eat, this means my body. Jw's reject Jesus' New Covenant between them and Him. They have an agreement between them and the Watchtower.

The question of whether or not JW's are saved is answered here:

1 John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:

1 John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I am in agreement with Chalam here.

Angel Eyes, that Awake! on born-again Christians was inaccurate, and downright insulting. I am not surprised at the crap they print, but that was pretty bad, showed their lack of knowledge and how how they will simply speak on things they do not know- as well as misrepresent the facts.

• dogon
    dogon

That is like saying will Medusa be allowd into the United States if she can not stop turning men to stone? Really?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit