Will some Jehovah's Witnesses inherit God's Kingdom?

by asilentone 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• asilentone
  • straightshooter
    straightshooter

That is up to God. There are some really nice JWs and there are ones that practice what God wants who are not JWs also.

I am sure that God is not determining who will be in His Kingdom only because they are a JW, because there are some JWs who are in good standing in the WTS but who go against God's Word.

• yknot
    yknot

I don't see why not........ in the bible, salvation is personal not Organizational.

That said I am sure some persons professing (insert denomination) won't ......

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

They already have.

The Kingdom arrived invisibly and they're currently enjoying a spiritual paradise.

Just ask 'em.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I agree, Jesus knows but I think this verse is a good a test as any.

Romans 10:9 (New International Version)

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

JWs fail the salvation test on both respects.

They profess "jehovah" as Lord, read what they believe is the "most accurate" NWT here Acts 2:21 an here Romans 10:13

The NWT changes the Greek for "Lord" (kurios) to "Jehovah". Also, by their actions , "jehovah" is Lord of their lives, not Jesus.

Lastly, how many times did you actually hear a JW say "Jesus is Lord"?

Secondly, they do not believe Jesus was raised from the dead as the scripture says but claim He was raised as a "spirit creature" and His body vaporised.

That goes against the words of Jesus Himself

Luke 24:39 (English Standard Version)

39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."

This is one single verse. JWs contravene and twist the plain truths of many other verses in similar fashion. I cannot see how JWs can be saved or if they are, how they could possibly stay and agree with the teachings of the WT.

All the best,

Stephen

• yknot
    yknot

Stephen.....

They acknowledge and profess Jesus as the Messiah, Son of God......

They accept and proclaim he was raised (debating how is of no real concern since all agree he rose)

Men on the other hand love to create divisions, if it ain't one thing it is another......

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Salvation is personal, not corporate.

It is a free gift, and hence cannot be earned, given solely on the basis of faith in Jesus Christ, whether one is a JW or a Calathumpian. (Romans 6:22, 23)

Salvation does not depend on precision in eschatology, doctrine, intellect, or emotion. It depends solely upon the efficacy of the achievement by Jesus Christ, and nothing may be added to that.

Doug

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I think it would be really petty of God to not allow salvation for a person who has been brainwashed since birth into believing falsehood. People like me sincerely believed we were pleasing God and Jesus and did not have the mental tools to discern otherwise.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Only if God included them in his will.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi yknot,

Some verses come to mind

They acknowledge and profess Jesus as the Messiah, Son of God......

Mark 3:11 (New International Version)

11 Whenever the evil spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, "You are the Son of God."

James 2:19 (New International Version)

19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Philippians 2:10-12 (New International Version)

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

They accept and proclaim he was raised (debating how is of no real concern since all agree he rose)

It might seem insignificant to the uninitiated but in effect they call Jesus a liar.

More than that, the doctrine denies the very power of the cross (something else they deny) and the resurrection

1 Corinthians 1:17 (New International Version)

17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Men on the other hand love to create divisions, if it ain't one thing it is another......

I understand. The thing is Jesus polarizes people like no-one else.

Luke 12:51-53 (New International Version)

51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

The thing is, when I met my JW friend and found out about his beliefs, I used to think "well, they have some things twisted but they are on the right track".

As we were praying one day my wife told me "they are in complete darkness". She didn't really know anything then about the JWs but she prophesies a lot.

Anyhow, as I got to understand the JW beliefs in depth I got to see all the hidden snares and trap doors. I agree wholly with what my wife saw in the Spirit that day, they are in total spiritual darkness.

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit