Were you sad when your car died?

by compound complex 14 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

I am.

Mine may not make it. In the family for years. A workhorse. Problem free. Broke down in a busy intersection. Was losing power and overheating [a first] on the uphill climb from Sac. Pushed it to the side. AAA came within 20 minutes. 100 degrees farenheit ...

Will get answers from "hospital" tomorrow.

CoCo

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

I don't mind when my car breaks down. It just gives me something to do in my spare time. I'm a Master Mechanic.

• asilentone
    asilentone

www.nascarangels.com Try to get their help!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Josh,

I envy you ...

Thanks for your reply.

CoCo

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

A couple months ago I was driving up a hill in Palm Springs and my car got hot. But didn't overheat ended up being a radiator with low flow. What kind of car do you have and what are the symptoms? Maybe I can help.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

YES, i was so sad. I'm glad someone can relate. We had a Toyota Camry, stick shift, 239,000 miles. Awesome car, 1993. We even had it re-painted, and my hubby let me pick the color. It was a shade of green that turned out to look really bad on it, and everyone has teased me about it for years, LOL. We lost it to Cash For Clunkers, as we really needed an automatic my daughter could drive to work and school. sniff. -- I hope you get a good prognosis, CocCo.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks Josh, asilentone and Aunt Bee:

I appreciate your kindness and personal stories. Will get the prognosis tomorrow. Will pm you, Josh, later on. Wanna be vague here ...

Gratefully,

CoCo

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If its over heating you probably need a new radiator and hoses maybe 200$ if you do it yourself,

maybe 500 if you take it to a shop.

The loosing power might be your electronic ignition or a computer chip.

But the loosing power and overheating together concern me that the engine may be ruined,

by overheating and cracking the block.

Like the back of my Harley shirt says, "If its got tits or wheels, sooner or later it will give you problems".

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Jag:

I used to have a Caddy with Dagmars ...

The tow man checked the oil and it was clean - no water in it.

I appreciate your response - very helpful.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dagmar bumpers, also known simply as Dagmars (D-HAG-mar) is a slang term for the artillery shell shaped styling elements found on the front bumper/grille assemblies on several makes of cars produced in the 1950s, an era recognized for its flamboyant designs and prominent use of chrome details [citation needed] .

The name Dagmar Bumpers (and Dagmars) was a direct reference to Dagmar (born Virginia Ruth Egnor) [ 1 ] the early 1950s television personality who was as well known for her pronounced cleavage as she was for her dumb blonde character on the program Broadway Open House. Dagmar's physical attributes were further enhanced by low-cut gowns and the shape of her bra cups, which were somewhat conical. Egnor was amused by the tribute.

wikipedia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit