Falling Asleep at Work

by daniel-p 23 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

So who has a job that is boring enough to fall asleep at? I've never yet fallen asleep on the job, but it would be very esy to do so based on how inane most of my work is, despite the fact that I actually do use my brain. Sometimes it's just so dry and technical I can't keep it up.

I have a nice fancy chair that leans back to my specifictions of resistance, so it would easy to tilt back and snooze a bit. My coworker, who is in the adjacent office, usually nods off about 3PM, but I don't begrudge him any, since he has a sleep disorder and has been here for like 20 years.

Yep... if it weren't for JWD I believe I'd drift in and out from about 2:30 to 4PM, sort of like how it is during the District Convention or Assembly. You know how you tilt your head down and jerk up every minute or so, drifitng in and out of consciousness? Ahhh... the good old days of shamelessly ignoring that "spiritual feast."

Yep.

I'm bored.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

That would be a big plus one here.

• undercover
    undercover

My job is currently so slow, I spend waaayyyy too much time online. I keep saying I'm going to pull back from this site but then mid-afternoon comes and I'm sitting here with nothing to do, so here I am...

But I have a job and I'm getting paid, so I don't bitch. It actually makes me look busy sitting here typing...

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

We just aren't made to sit at these computers all day.

Do you remember when computers were first becoming ubiquitous among the workplace, and there were all these public-oriented information campaigns on how you should get up every 15 minutes, hold your body a certain way, never spend more than like 2 hours at one sitting, and on and on? I think now they're just like "fuck it--we'll just adapt and turn into troglodytes".

• Mickey mouse
  • Farkel
    Farkel

:sort of like how it is during the District Convention or Assembly. You know how you tilt your head down and jerk up every minute or so, drifitng in and out of consciousness?

There is quite an art to be able to sleep at a District Convention or Assembly without anyone around you being the wiser, but there is no need to worry about it. Everyone around you is ALSO asleep (including the speaker on the podium), so there's nothing to worry about when you do the same thing.

Farkel

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Normally, it's not slow here. But today it is boring.

And the smell of swabs is starting to burn my nostrils.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

swabs??

• wobble
    wobble

Farkel,

I trained myself to sleep at Dc's with my eyes OPEN !

the damn snoring gave me away.

Love

Wobble

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I trained myself to sleep at Dc's with my eyes OPEN !

... I say impossible. EYes open? GUFFAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit