How is a poster accepted on THIS FORUM-

by acolytes 27 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Here are my rules for internet socialization....

Have a take.

Be firm.

Don't be an ass about your opinion.

Allow others their opinions. If they act like an ass, leave them be. Misery is like a virus, you can only catch it if you hang around the infected.

Don't look for everyone to agree with you.

Don't act like when people disagree with you that you are being judged. It's just a disagreement.

Don't think that because you now know the truth about da troof that the WTBTS is going to suddenly collapse.

Be prepared to deal with JW apologists, and don't take them too seriously. Realize where they come from. They might change, even if they protest they won't at the moment.

Don't have JWN as your only free time hobby. Get outside once in a while, try walking.

Avoid PUI. (Posting Under the Influence.... of Alcohol or other substances)

Don't give out personal information about yourself unless you know you can trust a person. To post personal stuff at large is usually unwise.

Flirting, dating, and marriage have happened on JW boards like this. That doesn't mean it will happen to you. Sometimes if it does, it can turn out alright. Other times, not so good....

Did I mention having other hobbies so you won't get OCD on this board?

If you don't like political threads, don't read or post on them.

....and I am now once again, off my soapbox. (and lunch is over....)

• watson
    watson

Good "soap boxin'", ATJ!

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    Don't have JWN as your only free time hobby.

Quit yelling at me!

• Twitch
    Twitch

Just be yourself and try not to worry about being accepted, per se. In time, you won't be as concerned about what others think as you feel more comfortable being you. There will be those who will like and accept the new you, others not so much. Appreciate the former, to hell the latter.

However if someone gives you 'tude, you have the option to give it right back. They'll think twice about doing it again if you're not a pushover. If you "turn the cheeK' chances are that one will get slapped too.

Oh, and welcome :)

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

...it depends on how you answer the question concerning homosexual tendencies.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You could just use PayPal to give everyone $5.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Are you breathing?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    However if someone gives you 'tude, you have the option to give it right back. They'll think twice about doing it again if you're not a pushover. If you "turn the cheeK' chances are that one will get slapped too.

Amen and bless His holy Name forever and ever.

Did I say amen?

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit