My mother is really sick--vocal chord disorder

by bluecanary 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• parakeet
    parakeet

I googled "vocal cord disorder." There are about a dozen different kinds. Whichever one your mom has, I hope her doctors can find the right treatment for her.

Hang in there, bluecanary.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Just checkin in before I go to bed.

I hope you sleep well, blue.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dear Blue Canary, I'm sorry you both are dealing with this, that sounds absolutely horrible!!!

Is your mother a Witness?

One of the reasons that I ask is that I think what is known as "mindfulness meditation" for healing might really, seriously help. It helped tremendously with a horrible disorder in me, that is considered to be "incurable". Whether meditation helps to completely irradicate a disease or whether it just helps to calm the mind and heart and lessen the panic and pain, it is well worth it!

Love,
    Baba.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

When I saw the subject I thought you were joking. I have never heard of such a thing.

Try different search engines and alternative descriptions of the symptoms.

Try to find a forum that is related to the topic.

How does she react to chilli peppers? A teaspoon of hot cayenne in a cup of hot water might help in emergency situations. Don't take my word for it, I'm not a doctor, I'm just making a suggestion based on how cayenne works.

Cheers

Chris

• chicken little
    chicken little

Hello Blue Canary,

So sorry for your mum and her health problems. I know nothing about this disorder, it must be very frightening to experience it. I wonder if slow breathing and calming techniques would help when an attack comes on? Many times we panic when we experience strange body reactions. Calming the heart rythmn and breathing may help. I hope you get more info and can be of support to your mum.

Much love, and keep us posted on any info you glean...it maybe someone knows of this condition.

Chicken Little

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Thanks everyone for your kind words and suggestions. She's tried meditation a little bit (she's no longer JW) but I think she does better with distracting techniques rather than focusing ones. So far the most helpful thing has been for her to pace around the living room with the TV on. She's going to the doctor tomorrow, hopefully they'll find something. She's been dealing with this for months, but this is the first time it's lasted all week and it hit me pretty hard last night.

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((BlueCanary & Mom)))))))

So sorry.

Sylvia

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi BC,

Prayers going up

Blessings,

Stephen

• VIII
    VIII

I just saw this bluecanary. I am very sorry for your Mom and for you, trying to help her. I am sure she appreciates any and all help you can give her. It is really hard watching our parents getting ill.

Please know people here care. I am usually off the computer after 8 PM CST. Sorry for missing this earlier. Hugs to you and your Mom.

• undercover
    undercover

I've never heard of this disorder. Sounds horrible.

I hope the doctors find her some relief. Our thoughts are with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit