So you're out - first thing you did was.....

by wantstoleave 39 Replies latest jw friends

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

One of the first major things I did was get back in touch with my aunt-she's two years younger than me. We grew up like sisters. She was baptised as a witness in 1993 and later on in 2005 became a baptized Mormon. I was devastated that she had done that and as a good JW, I quit talking to my apostate aunt. As soon as I opened my eyes with regard to the WT, I called her and made peace. She cried, I cried, and we met for lunch within a few days of that call and have never looked back. I also took my son trick or treating for the first time.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I had a big, blow-out Christmas to make up for all the Christmases I never got to celebrate. Tons of presents under a live, hand decorated tree, Big ham dinner with all the trimmings. Dozens and dozens of cookies. Homemade gingerbread house. Nonstop Christmas carols.

It was my 3-year-old son's first Christmas. He was so excited on Christmas morning, his little hands shook as he opened his presents.

It remains in my memory as the best Christmas ever.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I started making "worldly" friends right away, drank socially and went back to smoking.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I partied with other DF ppl and drank alot. had fun and tried to get back with my ex who was df and said "I'm a bad person get back in with your family". found out it was him just wanting to be free and sleep with others. So I went crazy and just gave up trying worrying and lived in la la land. but reality hit every time I was sober so I needed to face my demons... and reevaluate myself.

bluh bluh bluh

Then I got DF again and this time never been back to a meeting and prob never will if I don't find a means to go back. I have my mom and my sister and my true friend what more do I need. I have a loving fiance and we are getting our first house, two story, beautiful... ready to make a family in.

I moved on for the most part. But still understand as humans we need physical, mental, spiritual or inspirational nourishment.

• Butterflyleia85
  • no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I started letting the kids go to birthday parties and school functions. My older one has a girlfriend and a little job( there was no time before). It's more important for me that the kids have some kind of normal life, not much has changed for us except for a few simple things like voting, a cool beard (on my husband), birthdays, father/mother day. Just can't get into Christmas yet. It's so wonderful to just do the simple things like read the paper on Sunday morning or hit the gym on a Thursday evening.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Enrolled in night classes at the community college. First class: Comparative World Religions.

• RR
    RR

I don't remember, it was so long ago!

RR

• White Dove
    White Dove

Ah, let's see. It would have to be when I:

0. Went to college.

1. Suddenly stopped going to meetings.

2. Bought a Christmas tree for the next year.

3. Got a nose ring and tongue ring.

4. Got a couple of tattoos on my ankles.

5. Bought my first pack of cigarettes.

6. Fornicated.

7. Began celebrating birthdays.

8. Gradually added other holidays.

9. Visited different churches.

10. Fornicated.

11. Checked out Wicca.

12. Joined a coven.

13. Fornicated.

12. Experimented with a lesbian.

13. Fornicated.

That just about covers it. What should I do for #14? I guess 14 would have to be graduating with a master's degree in December Gosh, life's been great!

PS Daughter began karate about 3 years ago and is in college now. And I registered to vote. Both son and daughter are registered voters

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

AE

See the WT 1/11/1999 QFR

The November 15, 1950, issue of The Watchtower, on pages 445 and 446, said: “Where Caesar makes it compulsory for citizens to vote . . . [Witnesses] can go to the polls and enter the voting booths. It is here that they are called upon to mark the ballot or write in what they stand for. The voters do what they will with their ballots. So here in the presence of God is where his witnesses must act in harmony with his commandments and in accordance with their faith. It is not our responsibility to instruct them what to do with the ballot.”

What if a Christian woman’s unbelieving husband insists that she present herself to vote? Well, she is subject to her husband, just as Christians are subject to the superior authorities. (Ephesians 5:22; 1 Peter 2:13-17) If she obeys her husband and goes to the polling booth, that is her personal decision. No one should criticize her.—Compare Romans 14:4.

I believe that it is clear in this QFR that it is a conscience matter and that it is nobody else's business what you do in a polling booth.

Cheers
    Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit