views on JW internet dating........

by angel eyes 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

right.....many of you have said certain things would get people infront of a JC but ive thought different, mainly because i know of similar cases that havent gone before JC...but whats your view on Jw and finding a jw partner on the internet??? I thought it was wrong???

apparently not!!!!!!!!

• yknot
    yknot

Keep in mind that BOE temperment varies by congregation.....

Technically all JWs on I think there was two major one...jwmatch and jwconnection in my hall were told to look for suitable mates within the district.

Last I checked all had just removed their pictures or re-registered using a different user.

I know several sisters have penpals from those sites and only one success story out in West Texas.

The rest is rumored to be a 'cesspool of fornicators' posing as JWs as one old' timer Pioneer commented several months back.

The funniest one I remember reading was from a guy who was DFd for effing his sister-in-law and was wanting to move to another congregation to start over via new marriage.

I think I also saw a couple of our posters too .......

• yknot
    yknot

I figured I would go ahead a throw out what the Slave has most recently said......

***w063/1p.24par.9“KeepYourSensesCompletely”***

Internet Web sites designed to help single individuals find a marriage partner are becoming popular. Some view these as a way to get to know people whom they would not otherwise meet. However, blindly entering into a relationship with a stranger involves real dangers. On the Internet, it can be difficult to distinguish fact from fiction. (Psalm 26:4) Not everyone who claims to be a servant of Jehovah really is. Moreover, with online dating, a strong attachment can develop quickly, and that can distort one’s judgment. (Proverbs 28:26) Whether via the Internet or by some other means, it is unwise to cultivate a close relationship with a person whom one knows very little about.—1 Corinthians 15:33.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve never heard anything against it..

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Thanks yknot.....where was that quote from? Been looking in my WT but havent found anything on it.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

There were plenty of us who used them despite being told not to. It's unlikely the elders would be aware, especially if you don't post a pic. Like Yknot says, BOEs differ.

The problem with intenet dating for JWs is that you're scraping the bottom of the barrel. Good looking sisters have no problem finding husbands so it's us homely ones that go online. A JW man worth his salt has no trouble finding a wife no matter looks or age. An apostate or fading JW can find himself a non-JW girl. So the only guys that go on those sites are the losers that hang on to the JWs and want a wifey that they can be lord over.

The men on those sites are the worst for age prejudice as well. Most of the women would take a man in a range from younger to older than them. A good 75% of the men wanted a woman up to thirty years younger--but would not consider dating a woman the exact same age as them.

As with everything else in life, online dating works better when you're not doing it JW style. I found a wonderful boyfriend on okcupid.com.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

aha se it now...it was tiny print when i mailed reply...now its huge!!!!!!! can see thanks babes....yay

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I will try to answer as if I believed JW's should find other JW's. It ain't that hard to pretend, afterall I don't think that independent-minded thinkers should hook up with JW's.

I would say there's nothing wrong with it, but the two should really strive to get to know each other thoroughly first before marrying.

I've known some bottom-of-the-barrel brothers that couldn't find a mate within the area where people know them or know of them.
    Some found mates outside of their district via the internet. One in the U.S. found a Filipino woman. She was thrilled to marry him and get a different life until she really learned all about him.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

A bro in our area met a fillipino woman online. He went there twice and then she came here. One of the OLDER elders told him not to bring her to the KH unless they were married! He went to Reno and married her. All was well once that was done. Now she's here permanent and they are in line with the leading of Christ's Brothers. Aint that nice. Idiots. (the twit has been married 4 times already. Wonder if she knew that?) W.Once

• yknot
    yknot

Hee Hee ........I haven't surfed for a new daddy and Bro-inlaw in a long time....(using my Mom's and Sister's accounts Lol)

I think I must be a voyeurist cuz I am intrigued by what people post about themselves on those types of sites.....(I think the ones with family pics are the best though because it is good to see a person loves their kids, grandkids or nephews etc.........

Sorry about that small print yall..... the article was WT March 1, 2006 pg 24, para 9 "Keep Your Senses Completely

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit