'Sign of the times'

by wantstoleave 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

People look for signs because they have no faith, Jesus himself said that people were always looking for signs and only believed when they saw signs and miracles and as he mentioned to Thomes, Blessed are those that believe without seeing.

The WT needs people tp believe that the "end of days" is immenent ( Isn't that the word of the day now?) so that they can control them and manipulate them and make them fearful.

Why anyone would want an end of days to came like the one the JW's THINK is coming is beyond me anyways, what a horrific view of the coming of Christ.

• Chalam
    Chalam

WTL,

Matthew 24:6 (English Standard Version)

6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.

The WT spread fear, fear of "Armageddon" and their false "end times" teaching.

Most of the things mentioned in Daniel and Revelation haven't even started, the tribulation is only 7 years etc. Read the list yourself, seven literal plagues Revelation 15 just as it was in Moses day Exodus 7 Exodus 8 Exodus 9 Exodus 10 Exodus 11 and not one of them has happened yet.

However, I would say the earth in feeling the start of the contractions which will ultimately lead to the return of Jesus.

I suggest you read this chapter Luke 12

What is not important is any of this end times stuff but your relationship with Jesus right now Hebrews 9:27 Matthew 7:22-24

All you need is to take the free gift Revelation 22:17 Isaiah 55 John 4

Blessings

Stephen

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If a few individual things about the "sign" still get to you, then do research.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/earthquakes.php will help with the earthquakes.

Also, I had read Carl Olof Jonsson's The Gentile Times Reconsidered but not his Sign of the Last Days- When?.

I remember Awakened @ Gilead (another poster) excitedly telling me about it. If you want to learn how they manipulated facts or made stuff up, then try that book. Mostly, Ray Franz's two books answered my questions about such stuff.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

This recent thread completely changed my understanding of Matthew 24:

Wars, earthquakes and famines are not signs of the end

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Jesus says more than once to NOT look for the sign of the end, that should be enough for any Christian to NOT focus on "signs".

Jesus says the no one knows except God and that it is not up to mortals to knwo this, that should also be enough for Christians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit