Fear of Worldly People

by ItsJustMe 12 Replies latest jw friends

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

Anyone else felt uncomfortable, awkward, wary, unsure, frightened, distraught, when around worldly people? Afraid they were going to try to seduce you, offer you drugs, get you drunk, kill you, etc?

----------------

• flower
    flower

actually i feel uncomfortable, awkward, wary, unsure, frightened, distraught, when around my JW family.

• radar
    radar

Itsjustme

If you cut out the "Worldly" bit, then you have just got "people".

Radar

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I know what you mean, and it still has its affects on me to this day. Why would you want to be around a bunch of “God disproved,” “slated for destruction,” persons? Everything they believe and practice is “detestable” to Jehovah, and their children will not be spared.

Thank God I am out of that rubbish now.

• Introspection
    Introspection

I bet everyone did to some degree, especially since fear is one of if not the driving force of motivation. I don't know about the rest of you, but I remember hearing stories about the householder pulling out a shotgun in the rural territory and such. Now that I think about it, that's a pretty good forumla for driving you nuts since you need go out in service at the same time.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

If you don't interact with "worldly people" much, then you can easily buy into the horrible light the WT puts non-JWs in. The same goes with "apostates".

The more you interact with people you will see that generally speaking they are very nice. It is the minority of the population and bad things that make it to the news and are sensationalized.

Even as an active Witness, I could not figure how anyone I've met really deserves to be "destroyed" because they are "wicked". And after having met many former Witnesses (apostates), I can say what I was led to believe regarding these people was just plain wrong.

Path

• Erich
    Erich

Pathofthorns:

>Even as an active Witness, I could not figure how anyone I've met really deserves to be "destroyed" because they are "wicked". <

Me too...

• Francois
    Francois

Zounds, you MUST realize that you're playing a JW tape in your head. You're reacting to JW programming. I've got better friends in the world than I ever had among JWs. They care for me just as I am; not because I get X hours on some Goddamn piece of paper I turn in to my spiritual "superiors" once a month. They like my company because of me, not because I've proven that I can walk along in mental lock-step with the best of them. None of that superficial bullshit for them

I'm with the other guys: I don't like being around JWs. I know they're just eyeing my house and thinking "I'm gonna get this house when Frank is destroyed at Armageddon."

Francois

• LB
    LB

The most honest people I know are worldly. I feel very comfortable around them.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Hi there. I am a "worldly" person.

No, I would not try to seduce you, get you drunk, slip you a mickey or any other devious thing like that. I treat others as I would want to be treated. I consider myself a "spiritual person" but not a religious type person; and feel each person has a right to believe in what they want to - "to each their own".

There are many nice worldly people as well as not so nice worldy people - same as in the JW's. We are made of flesh and blood, feel pain, and other emotions.

You may find a "best friend" in a worldly person. Some one who will like you just because you are "you"- not because of how many meetings you attend, etc.!

I hope you can meet that person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit