Fear of Worldly People

by ItsJustMe 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Had to laugh over this one. I've never felt particularly awkward around anyone - but more so around Witnesses now than anyone else. My wife and I were at a restaurant recently and met a table full of JWs. I stopped by and said hi, was introduced to one of the guy's girlfriends, etc. One of the Witnesses actually apologized to my wife at a meeting afterward, saying he didn't know if it had been uncomfortable for them to talk to me now that I don't go to meetings. SOOOOO strange!

As though anyone could seduce you or get you drunk or make you take drugs if you were unwilling!! Come on! Hey, I MIGHT get upset if someone DIDN'T try to seduce me!!
    S4

• seven006
    seven006

Justme,

Exactly what kind's of drugs are you talking about? Do you get drunk easily? How easily are you seduced?

Life is full of mysteries, until you make an effort to figure them out they will remain as such. The next time someone tries to seduce you, smack him up side the head, pour his drink in his face and steal his drugs.

If you drowning in a sea of confusion, learn to swim and save yourself.

Take care,

Dave

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

I have to laugh that everyone took my question quite so literally. I used a little bit of exaggeration to convey a point - that most witnesses avoid worldy people to the point that they seem to feel that they are visiting another country/culture whenever they are around them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit