Hi, new to the board!

by SYN 34 Replies latest jw friends

• RipVanWinkle
    RipVanWinkle

Hi Syn,

I am also a JW. Come here to browse at times. Post seldom. Some think I'm still groggy and half asleep like the proverbial RipVanWinkle> I feel that I've seen a lot of changes in the past 50-60 years. Been in that long.

Lots of things I see that I don't like in my congo.. But I like the Bible and I feel that what I've learned from the "good Book" has helped me in my outlook immensely. In the final analysis, I'm not responsible for other peoples' actions. It's mainly between me and Jehovah. As far as people go, I've been devastated by many. It has put me down at times, but I'm not out. Just getting a different perspective of my relationships.

I feel that if I see a person down I want to help. I want to cheer somebody's day. I don't want to throw a wet blanket on anybody and I don't feel I have any right to try to criticize someone else for their choices. I haven't walked in their shoes and don't know where the holes, stones, nails etc. are or how they are feeling.

I do know that what I've lived through has helped me to have more
    empathy toward others and I try to show it in my inter-relationship.

"Christianity" shouldn't be just a word. It should be a way of life.

Kind regards.

RVW

• SYN
    SYN

Hehe, hi REM! (Just what I wanted to hear...)

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Ex-Jw from Minnesota in USA :)
    Observation- there are about 5 types of people here:
    1--ExJW and bitter (many with good reason)
    2--ExJw & Christian now (this is myself)
    3--Exjw & has chosen some other spiritual path
    4--Jw or ExJw seeking friends and info on Watchtower
    5--JW trying to reconvert all of the above
    We all write from our new (sometimes differing) perspectives and (most) of us respect eachothers perspective.
    We've all shared common experiences as ex-jw's and are friends here.
    So welcome! <><

• myMichelle
    myMichelle

to add to Adonai438's list:

6. NonJWs married to JWs or have JW family members or friends looking for support, information and insight.

Michelle, part of the #6 group.

• Francois
    Francois

Hi and welcome SYN. As JT was explaining, there is a big, big difference between unity and uniformity. The folks on this board (with the exception of the JWs who hang out here) can be said to be in UNITY. We are not and never will be in UNIFORMITY. That's what the JWs insist on, but people with IQs higher than room temperature know that uniformity is not possible with human beings. In the garden of the Father there are many flowers, each with a grace and beauty uniquely all its own; all valuable and all different - but they're all still flowers.

Francois

• Englishman
    Englishman

RPW,

This is interesting. I know a local dub of many years who feels the same way as you. He loves his god and doesn't think that God is watching his genitals all the time, so he dips them into assorted orifices.

He has no problem, no guilt, it's his business, bugger the elders.

I quite like him too.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• TR
    TR

Hi SYN, and welcome!

You can check out the "Who's Who" link at the bottom of the page and see what some of us are like.

TR

I'm gonna make mince meat outta that Osama!

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Welcome to the board, Syn!

Like Michelle, I am part of the #6 group.

Ajax

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and the best things never die." - The Shawshank Redemption

• zerubberballs
    zerubberballs

Get back to the Hall or I'm dubbing you all in to the Elderberries! ..bloody backsliding miscreants.

welcome to the twilight zone syn

unclebruce a #7 - JW walkaway (similar to #3 but better ;)

• cellomould
    cellomould

Welcome Syn!

I like your quote there. Nice one! I too wonder why people have such a hard time accepting 'evilution'.

I thought no one would ever understand my views on that subject. Not JWs anyway. I was surprised upon coming here just how many people have grown immensely despite having, as the wt would say 'no hope'. I reckon to be one of those people too.

But I was quite touched just now by a welcoming comment from RipVW, a current JW:

"Christianity" shouldn't be just a word. It should be a way of life.
    That's what it always was for me; it was a way of 'being' rather than a way of 'thinking'.

enjoy !

cellomould

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit