Christians vs. Atheists...

by cognac 24 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

DISSED- I totally understand the feeling you had about seeing the seal. I hope I didn't offend you by responding to Missing Links teasing about it. We were just playing around. But I understand how you felt a connection in that instant. I have had strong feelings like that also in dealing with nature. So if my comments offended you- I apologize sincerely. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dissed
    dissed

Flipper - none taken, but thanks for the thoughts.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

The Bible is not the word of God, nor is it God's word, nor is it scripture, entirely (it contains "scripture" but is not entirely scripture, as it itself testifies). May I direct you to John 1:14 and Revelation 19:13 as to what (or rather, whom) God's word is... and John 5:39, 40 (NWT) regarding what he (the Word) had to say about the scriptures? If you are interested, we can continue this elsehwere so as not to further hijack dear Cognac's thread. I am your servant. If not, no worries - I bid you peace and may JAH bless.

Your servant, as I am servant to all those of the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with, and a slave of Christ,

SA

• dissed
    dissed

AGuest

I suspect, your momma taught you some good maners. You really understand the law of kindness.

Look forward to more discussion with you.

Dissed

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace! I understand the compliment you are trying to pay... and thank you for it, truly... but I have to be honest (my apologies, if that offends anyone) because my momma left when I was 6 (no worries - she is deceased now and I held nothing against her - she had to do what she felt she had to do). The credit, then, must go to my father, one of the kindness, gentlest souls I've ever known... as well as to the Holy One of Israel, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, who gave me a portion of the "fruit" of God's spirit that is kindness... when I asked for it. I asked for it because I needed to re-learn the kindnesses my father taught me... and learn to be even kinder... given how self-righteously unkind I was learning to be when associating with the WTBTS. I would also have to give credit for to my husband, who is the epitome of patience, and my two children who, with my husband, make being "kind" so easy - they never take advantage of it.

Of course, I have not fully accomplished the goal (I confess that actually I am really not all that kind - I can and do go a little "ghetto" from time to time . Especially when I sees someone being treated badly or abused. What can I say: you can take the hoochie out of the ghetto but you can't... well, you get my drift ). But I am glad that what I have learned has made an impression on you, hopefully to the glory of the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies.. and His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH.

I look forward to more discussion with you, too!

Your servant, and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit