Were You Always Feeling Guilty As A Witness?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

No, I was mostly just bored, a result of being dragged into the cult as a teenager.

• minimus
    minimus

Such interesting comments!!!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Always felt guilty..

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

Yep, as a witness, I always felt weighed down, down trodden. Like I wasn't good enough. I'm fine now. :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ and JW`s tried..

It was pointless..

I was a smart Kid..

• caliber
    caliber

they're all reading and paying attention ( I believe that is Outlaw on the left ) ... he he he he... LOL

The WBT$ and JW`s tried..
    It was pointless..Outlaw
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...............LOL!!..

• ~Jen~
    ~Jen~

Always. I constantly felt that I could never be good enough so what's the point?

• greenie
    greenie

I 'm no Dub, but I see it firsthand. It makes me ill to see a religion that motivates by guilt. Actually, it seems like the two common feelings are guilt or self-righteousness.

• tinker
    tinker

Nope, never. I figured out a long time ago that guilt is a useless emotion. It paralyzes and undermines growth. And I guess I always believed that 'Jehovah knows everything' anyway, no such thing as a secret sin, he knows the heart. I always knew my intent was never bad. Sure I did lots of 'bad' things but in my heart I'm a good person but I make mistakes sometimes. When I know better I'll do better.

So guilt was not a factor in my leaving the WTBS. It was the fact that they try to use guilt to mistreat and beat down the flock. At this point in my journey I am not sure if I even believe in a god but IF I did believe he would be a god who knew my intent and would not use a useless emotion to chain me to the BORG.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit